• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
That's a soft option. What's he going to do in the Perth ODI if he has a long innings? Say "Sorry guys, but I can't keep in the second innings, i'm too tired".
Maybe because he is coming off an injury scare, and its a warm up match?

Interesting to see Elliott coming in ahead of Broom.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
Meh..I wouldnt be worried about it. If the situation arises in the ODI's then we'll have to deal with it.

Mills gone and Elliott in at 6. What the hell is going on? Did they not see Broom smack a quickfire 25 odd at Eden Park against the Windies?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a soft option. What's he going to do in the Perth ODI if he has a long innings? Say "Sorry guys, but I can't keep in the second innings, i'm too tired".
True, but as you said about Fulton, this match isn't one of the games that matter. McCullum would be more likely to have enough in the tank to last the Perth game if he hasn't overexerted himself three days earlier.

Polo23

International Debutant
True, but as you said about Fulton, this match isn't one of the games that matter. McCullum would be more likely to have enough in the tank to last the Perth game if he hasn't overexerted himself three days earlier.
I don't think 100 overs of cricket will kill him, even it is 40 odd degrees. Especially with 3 days rest till the next game. Though, I understand your point. Still think he will keep though.

_Ed_

Really don't understand Elliott going in. Good ODI batsman, but he strikes me as a slow starter and more of an accumulator than big hitter of the ball. Why send him in now?

Polo23

International Debutant
Really don't understand Elliott going in. Good ODI batsman, but he strikes me as a slow starter and more of an accumulator than big hitter of the ball. Why send him in now?
The only thing I can imagine is that they want to see what he can offer in a different situation. He's generally come in when we've been in trouble and he's had to graft and grind. Maybe they want to see what kind of big hitting qualities he has.

_Ed_

The only thing I can imagine is that they want to see what he can offer in a different situation. He's generally come in when we've been in trouble and he's had to graft and grind. Maybe they want to see what kind of big hitting qualities he has.
Yeah, maybe. And he is quick between the wickets, but judging from how fast Broom has been in the field I'd imagine he is too.