• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Natman20

International Debutant
What impresses me is that all partnerships useful. Worst was 29 where Mills got out. Most partnerships went for over 50.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"They do it, so why don't we"? After all it is just a preparation game, and that too a limited overs one....Anyway just my personal observation.
When there's a match on, the posts in the tour threads often tend to be made by people's immediate reactions to moments in the match without having taken the time to make a sensible, well thought-out post. IMO it's a good thing about the tour threads. If you don't like it, don't read it until the end of play when the analysis starts.

And yes it was only a tour match, but since we don't have TV coverage we're stuck here refreshing the live scorecard. We have to do something while we're waiting for it to update.

Precambrian

Banned
When there's a match on, the posts in the tour threads often tend to be made by people's immediate reactions to moments in the match without having taken the time to make a sensible, well thought-out post. IMO it's a good thing about the tour threads. If you don't like it, don't read it until the end of play when the analysis starts.

And yes it was only a tour match, but since we don't have TV coverage we're stuck here refreshing the live scorecard. We have to do something while we're waiting for it to update.
I understand when emotions rule. However, posts stating just the individual scores of a batsman, when repeated, becomes spamming.

Just my thoughts. Reporting the posts and let's wait for mod's clarification on the matter.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I understand when emotions rule. However, posts stating just the individual scores of a batsman, when repeated, becomes spamming.

Just my thoughts. Reporting the posts and let's wait for mod's clarification on the matter.
What a joke.
Stuff like that happens in every tour thread, if you dont like it, then stay away.
Reporting as spam? Thats just lame.

_Ed_

I think it would be a shame if people stopped making short, excited posts during matches for fear of them being reported as spam.

I'll certainly stop reading and contributing to tour threads if they end up being only made up of long-winded posts.

thierry henry

International Coach
271 is decent, albeit a little perplexing.

I hope we haven't entered a new Andy Moles era whereby we party like it's 1979, block for 40 overs and look to go mental in the last 10 "cos we have teh wicketz in hand".

As I said, 271 is decent, but if we made a habit of getting "decent" scores in ODI with 5 wickets still in hand, I'd start to get a little annoyed.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
271 is decent, albeit a little perplexing.

I hope we haven't entered a new Andy Moles era whereby we party like it's 1979, block for 40 overs and look to go mental in the last 10 "cos we have teh wicketz in hand".

As I said, 271 is decent, but if we made a habit of getting "decent" scores in ODI with 5 wickets still in hand, I'd start to get a little annoyed.
Yeah, I have to agree.
With everybody making starts, and with the wickets we had in hand, we should have got 300 at the least.

_Ed_

Yeah, fair point.

What time does it start again, anyone know? Don't want to start refreshing repeatedly again before I have to.

thierry henry

International Coach
This is exactly the sort of total we sometimes struggle to defend as well, even if the side batting 2nd seems to be getting well behind the rate.

pup11

International Coach
No, because I was pointing out a problem that I have.
Seriously what's the big deal in this, aren't the posters even allowed get a bit excited to see their team and its players do well, it not as if they are doing this in middle of some discussion and even then they were not hurling abuses at each other or anything, so imo really poor form to report something like that.

pup11

International Coach
Jeez, just has a look at the scoreboard, Moises Henriques seems to have been taken to the cleaners, anyways hoping Hughes, Bailey or Ferguson do well with the bat.

_Ed_

Boult bowling now, will be interesting to see how he goes.

It's a clear reflection of the direness of domestic cricket coverage in NZ that the first time I see this guy bowl will be in his ODI debut, unless he doesn't play in this series and plays some T20s for ND next month.

Burgey

Seriously, how does McCullum get picked when his domesitc form for NSW was so crap? :ph34r: