• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe this 180 for three plan involves a bit of trickery in the order by Moles???

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes, I watched him play in those tests vs Australia. When did I even mention the tests vs Australia? He has done it in test cricket on numerous occasions. Why you are defending the shot, I do not know.
Because that was his most recent and most testing series to date and he showed the maturity not to play the shot. So your basically criticizing him for an aspect of his game that he no longer plays.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Maybe this 180 for three plan involves a bit of trickery in the order by Moles???
Well 180-3 would usually mean

McCullum
BFJ
Guptill
Taylor with 2m Peter to come

Just looks like he's getting his best sloggers out there. So next will be Broom followed by Elliott I reckon.

Polo23

International Debutant
Because that was his most recent and most testing series to date and he showed the maturity not to play the shot. So your basically criticizing him for an aspect of his game that he no longer plays.
I said I hope he didn't play the shot. I didn't criticize him.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Anyone remember that straight drive Kyle Mills played for six in England? That was an unbelievable shot, all timing.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone remember that straight drive Kyle Mills played for six in England? That was an unbelievable shot, all timing.
Yeah, was great.

Also, although I keep mentioning it, the four sixes at the SCG.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kyle Mill's is my favorite type of bowler-batsman. A big strong bloke who is going to put it to the boundary.

Polo23

International Debutant
Think its fine for him to play it in a one dayer when we're in a position to slog.
Agree, when we are in a position to slog. Say the last 10 overs. Though I don't think he should be looking for it as his only boundary hitting option, like he has done in the past.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agree, when we are in a position to slog. Say the last 10 overs. Though I don't think he should be looking for it as his only boundary hitting option, like he has done in the past.
Yeah by no means but if it strays across leg Taylor knows that he can put it in the grand stand.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame Mills hasn't really done better with the bat at international level because he's clearly capable of scoring runs.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Odds have to be against McCullum keeping in the second innings now, even if he is over his injury.

Batting for more than 40 overs in that temperature would have to write most people off for the rest of the day. Hope they let us sub Hopkins on.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
It's a shame Mills hasn't really done better with the bat at international level because he's clearly capable of scoring runs.
Should bat above Vettori more often, IMO. More natural ability and potential to develop.

Polo23

International Debutant
Odds have to be against McCullum keeping in the second innings now, even if he is over his injury.

Batting for more than 40 overs in that temperature would have to write most people off for the rest of the day. Hope they let us sub Hopkins on.
That's a soft option. What's he going to do in the Perth ODI if he has a long innings? Say "Sorry guys, but I can't keep in the second innings, i'm too tired".

Athlai

Not Terrible
That's a soft option. What's he going to do in the Perth ODI if he has a long innings? Say "Sorry guys, but I can't keep in the second innings, i'm too tired".
Congrats on 1000 and I agree TBH. Would be nice to have one of the other guys practice their keeping just in case though (BFJ did a bit of backup keeping).