• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Polo23

International Debutant
Over square leg too...bit of a worry. If he's bringing out the dirty slog again I won't be impressed.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I managed to interview Jake Oram the other day, and I gotta say..along with Craig Cumming, he is the nicest person to speak to. Absolute legend.

Anyway, the chances of him making this tour are almost zilch if you ask me..if the series is tied 2 - 2 then he may get across for the decider, but if NZ is getting dicked..no chance.
He's definately taking his time with this one.

I think we need to take in account of the heat today aswell, Andy Moles told me it was 38 degrees there yesterday, so both teams will be doing it tough.

Last edited:

Natman20

International Debutant
32% of McCullum's score has been boundaries. Pretty low in comparison to normal.

EDIT: That means 68% of his runs havn't been boundaries :)

Polo23

International Debutant
The guy can hit them and its not like its his default shot anymore.
You can't seriously be defending that shot? I guess it's ok (but only just) in OD and T20 cricket, but the amount of times he's got out to it in tests is unforgiveable.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, in the time that Taylor has scored his last 24 runs McCullum has scored 2.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is interesting. Mills can be a superb hitter though, but I thought Broom did well coming in at a similar stage in the Auckland ODI.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You can't seriously be defending that shot? I guess it's ok (but only just) in OD and T20 cricket, but the amount of times he's got out to it in tests is unforgiveable.
Did you even watch him play in Australia in those Tests? He didn't even hit across leg at all. He knows it shouldn't be played in Tests besides when the runrate has suddenly become a factor (WI final match).

And this is a one day game. If its there to be hit we're in a position to let our best one day player swing away.

Polo23

International Debutant
Mills in at 5..why not Broom?

I would have thought it was the perfect situation for Broom to come in.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess they've said to Mills he can have a licence, and if he smacks 20 off 10 balls then it'll be worth while.

Polo23

International Debutant
Did you even watch him play in Australia in those Tests? He didn't even hit across leg at all. He knows it shouldn't be played in Tests besides when the runrate has suddenly become a factor (WI final match).

And this is a one day game. If its there to be hit we're in a position to let our best one day player swing away.
Yes, I watched him play in those tests vs Australia. When did I even mention the tests vs Australia? He has done it in test cricket on numerous occasions. Why you are defending the shot, I do not know.