• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeeehaaaa ! Magnificent SA , really should have been 4-0 IMO if SA didn't fall apart at Bellerive Oval. Still 3-1 is more than satisfactory.

Unfortunately I suspect they'll lose the dead-rubber at Perth as they did the Test series against Aust & England in those dead-rubber matches. Of course I hope I'm wrong

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Well done South Africa.. you've placed another nail in the coffin of Australian Cricket Pride.

Might have chosen another day to do it but hey bit hard trying to lose when playing against such mediocre players under an incompetant captain.

So play all your spares in the dead rubber.. chances are you'll still be favourites.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeeehaaaa ! Magnificent SA , really should have been 4-0 IMO if SA didn't fall apart at Bellerive Oval. Still 3-1 is more than satisfactory.

Unfortunately I suspect they'll lose the dead-rubber at Perth as they did the Test series against Aust & England in those dead-rubber matches. Of course I hope I'm wrong
They will all be on the piss until Thursday. The only guys who will give two ****s are the kids. I can't see anything other than a damp squib, pretty hard to get up for a game which has no importance.

pup11

International Coach
Problem is, since the WC, he has hardly looked the matchwinning part in ODIs, let alone tests.
Since the world cup if i am not wrong, he has only played 3 ODI games, 1 test and a few T20's, i don't think that's hardly enough to judge how good or bad he has been, he is still feeling his way back into international cricket, but i don't think he has been too bad in this series apart from this game.

Precambrian

Banned
Ok so you are saying drop Clarke all together and bring Hodge, and may i know why?:blink:

Anyways... i think those stats just show how good Hussey has been in terms of flexibilty, but my point is Hussey's ability to finish of an innings is awesome, and he can really help improve the standards of Australia's death batting, which have been piss-poor for sometime now, and even in case of a collapse he is the perfect guy to perform damage control, i don't think there is any other batsman in Australia who could play the role of the finisher as well as Mike Hussey,so that's why he should be batting in the lower middle order for me.
Simple, look at his record since Jan 2008. Averages around 30 at a SR of 62. Neither here nor there, but all for derailing the momentum.

Hussey is an experienced cricketer, and he has ability to maintain momentum at No.4. He can do a good job there considering Australia have lost two great openers namely Gilly and Hayden. So the seniors need to bat as much as possible in the ODIs. And hence Ponting at No.3 and Hussey at No.4. White needs more experience before being moved up the order.

Precambrian

Banned
Since the world cup if i am not wrong, he has only played 3 ODI games, 1 test and a few T20's, i don't think that's hardly enough to judge how good or bad he has been, he is still feeling his way back into international cricket, but i don't think he has been too bad in this series apart from this game.
Only that much?

He has not looked the matchwinner and the stakes are too high to keep him in just for "seeing when he'll come good". Australia cannot ignore claims of better domestic performers just because they "feel" Tait will come good "when" he gets into rhythm.

pup11

International Coach
Congrats to all South African fans and the South African team, very well played indeed, hope we bounce back in the return leg of this series.

Redbacks

International Captain

Yet you could argue Australia could have won the 1st and 3rd match if not for poor fielding

pup11

International Coach
Only that much?

He has not looked the matchwinner and the stakes are too high to keep him in just for "seeing when he'll come good". Australia cannot ignore claims of better domestic performers just because they "feel" Tait will come good "when" he gets into rhythm.
So you are saying Tait' ranger cup figures this season aren't good enough to merit selection???:wacko:

Craig

World Traveller
They will all be on the piss until Thursday. The only guys who will give two ****s are the kids. I can't see anything other than a damp squib, pretty hard to get up for a game which has no importance.
That's a pretty defeatist attitude IMO. 4-1 sounds a lot better then 3-2 IMO.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yet you could argue Australia could have won the 1st and 3rd match if not for poor fielding
Would be a piss-poor argument though. I think 99% of the cricketing public would acknowledge SA have clearly been the better team, not to mention the fact they've hardly won a toss all tour, which makes their 3-1 result all-the-more impressive

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor fielding also done by the South Africans in those games. Punter and Marsh have been dropped countless times. Swings and roundabouts...

Precambrian

Banned
The top wickettakers and averages in FRC this season

Can't get Tait's stats. And I don't read much into it considering he's not in the top 5.

pup11

International Coach
Simple, look at his record since Jan 2008. Averages around 30 at a SR of 62. Neither here nor there, but all for derailing the momentum.

Hussey is an experienced cricketer, and he has ability to maintain momentum at No.4. He can do a good job there considering Australia have lost two great openers namely Gilly and Hayden. So the seniors need to bat as much as possible in the ODIs. And hence Ponting at No.3 and Hussey at No.4. White needs more experience before being moved up the order.
It would be great if you start watching some Australian matches rather than just bringing the stats onto the table, right through the CB tri-series league games, him and Hussey were the only two batsmen who were able to survive on tough batting tracks and grind out the hard runs, Clarke was again pretty good on difficult tracks in the first three games of the series in West Indies, though he did miss out against Bangladesh in the three natch series.

He has been instrumental in building important partnerships and keeping the scoreboard ticking in the middle overs, and he has been badly missed by Australia during this series.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The top wickettakers and averages in FRC this season

Can't get Tait's stats. And I don't read much into it considering he's not in the top 5.
a) Pretty sure that they are the figures for the Sheffield Shield.
b) Tait has missed some games during the year due to injury, so probably won't feature on the highest wicket taker lists.

Redbacks

International Captain
Would be a piss-poor argument though. I think 99% of the cricketing public would acknowledge SA have clearly been the better team, not to mention the fact they've hardly won a toss all tour, which makes their 3-1 result all-the-more impressive
they have been the better team, yet your comments about Bellerive were 'speculative' I simply partook in the same game.