• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
End of Dussey's career - failed despite a golden opportunity and he's in his 30s

Get a younger player in there
Well I think the same could be said of a few players, but hughes should probably be in there ahead of dussey now.
Some Pressure has to be on Haddin, white and hopes also...........

Clarke, symonds and watson would be in the side minus injuries, if these guys want a spot in the side they need to make a score when they get a chance. Perfect opportunity for white or hopes to score a big 60-80 odd.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Clarke averages 43 in the last 3 years, so with all due respect .....
Uh all but 2 of those guys average more than that and they average 2 less with a SR of 20 more.
With all due respect and I mean with all due respect that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and dolphin getting it on.

Precambrian

Banned
I'd get McCullum in there. Looked useful playing for New South Wales the other day

Piece of ****.
:laugh:

Since 01 Jan 2008:

RT Ponting 480 @ 28.23 SR 79
MJ Clarke 490 @ 30.62 SR 62 (DJ Hussey 263 @ 37.57 SR 97)
Those are indeed shocking. Especially Clarke's. Never expected his SR was this abysmal. And his average in the 30s indicate he gets out at the wrong time, after consuming deliveries.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Turn on the TV, see the lineups and scorecard. Itstl.

Good bowling or diabolical batting?

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Turn on the TV, see the lineups and scorecard. Itstl.

Good bowling or diabolical batting?
Some good batting..... some careless/lazy shots and some solid consistent bowling IMO.

Outfield appears to slow up just before the rope, 260 would be a par score I would think.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would like watching both SA and Aus fail TBH supporting the individual players more than the teams in this one.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Uh all but 2 of those guys average more than that and they average 2 less with a SR of 20 more.
With all due respect and I mean with all due respect that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and dolphin getting it on.
Haha, fantastic film.

Precambrian

Banned
Some good batting..... some careless/lazy shots and some solid consistent bowling IMO.

Outfield appears to slow up just before the rope, 260 would be a par score I would think.
Richie Benaud observed that there is some water logged due to which the outfield is slow early on but predicted that it will only get better and better with the hour. Not good news for Aus.

Flem274*

123/5
I swear Aussie have disguised some NZ openers as Australians.

They've just got Michael Papps on stilts thats all...

Gutted Mussey didn't gun it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I think the same could be said of a few players, but hughes should probably be in there ahead of dussey now.
Some Pressure has to be on Haddin, white and hopes also...........

Clarke, symonds and watson would be in the side minus injuries, if these guys want a spot in the side they need to make a score when they get a chance. Perfect opportunity for white or hopes to score a big 60-80 odd.
Injuries have created opportunities and it's disappointing to see experienced players fall short of the mark despite perfect conditions all series and playing a South African side that havent been all that flash of late either

I do have sympathy for White because he is ALWAYS played out of position but guys like Dussey and Hopes etc just dont look up to it

Given the vacancies in the test team, I'd prefer to see them blood a few of the younger guys who are performing at fc level (i.e. not Warner) to give them international exposure and attempt to create a base for the future