• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeez, you wouldn't want to be defending less than 250 on this with a bowling line-up of Tait, Hilfenhaus, Johnson, Hopes, Cam White and David Hussey.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL @ Botha. Who would have thunk it?

Well actually he had a great 2008.
If you ignore the action (and that front-on looked absolutely horrible!!!), he is making a very solid case for inclusion in the test team in front of Harris

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
If you ignore the action (and that front-on looked absolutely horrible!!!), he is making a very solid case for inclusion in the test team in front of Harris
It's what I've been saying all along....

...until Tahir is eligible.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Because they're two of the best ODI batsmen in the world, perhaps. Both are also better bowlers than him, and better in the field.
Look at the averages of Clarke and Symonds plus they're brilliant fieldsmen plus Symonds can bowl
Aw. Should have clarified myself. I don't think Dussey deserves a permanent spot with such a low average.

However would disagree with Clarke being one of the best ODI batsmen in the world. The chap's too slow. And esp over the last year, has hardly set the colored arena on fire.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor move to bring pie merchant Albie into the attack. Should bring in Steyn, finish things up ASAP. I need to eat.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
AWTA. Atleast Botha sends in his stuff 33% slower than Tait.
Tait's action is completely clean.. he's just a slinger.

Botha does "jerk" his action but he's like a windmill compared to Murali so if the throwing standard is that high (or low depending on your point of view) then his action is as pure as the driven snow.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Aw. Should have clarified myself. I don't think Dussey deserves a permanent spot with such a low average.

However would disagree with Clarke being one of the best ODI batsmen in the world. The chap's too slow. And esp over the last year, has hardly set the colored arena on fire.
Guys better than Clarke in the last 3 years who still play:
Chanderpaul
Kallis
Ponting
Dhoni
Symonds
Tendulkar
Yuvraj
Mussey
Butt
Gayle
Sarwan
Smith
Pietersen
Styris
AB
Khan
Malik
Gambhir
Rossco
Gibbs
Boucher
Sehwag
Jayasuriya

So he's still firmly in the top 30. :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
5/133 only a quarter of the way through the game and still I see spectators leaving in droves.

GOLD
So people getting up from their seats means people are leaving? Perhaps they're going to the toilet, or going to get a beer...

pasag

RTDAS

Yeah used to be one of the best but has regressed in the format over the past couple of years.