• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Gayle and Chanders going absolutely nuts, looking like 300+ a certainty.
Bracken bowls, out of the hand it looks certain to pitch leg and keep going on.
Gayle plays down the leg stump line, ball swings a mile and hits the top of off.
Gayle falls over.

Pretty much.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Who to keep? AB de Villiers?
Yeah should be. VB van Jaarsveld can keep but he sprained his ankle in training and might not even be able to play anyhow.

Jacques Kallis has an ab strain so he is likely to play as a batsman only.

Morne Morkel is likely to come in as a third seamer.

Going back to Bouch seems like his injury is not so good and there is some doubt about making the 1st test. If that is the case at least the Prince Duminy debate will have ended before it even started and South Africa's batting improves tenfold.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah should be. VB van Jaarsveld can keep but he sprained his ankle in training and might not even be able to play anyhow.

Jacques Kallis has an ab strain so he is likely to play as a batsman only.

Morne Morkel is likely to come in as a third seamer.

Going back to Bouch seems like his injury is not that so good and there is some doubt about making the 1st test. If that is the case at least the Prince Duminy debate will have ended before it even started and South Africa's batting improves tenfold.
All very interesting. Kallis was bowling bloody well in the tests, but has taken some stick in the one-dayers. So effectively, Morne Morkel comes in for Boucher? Slight weakening of the batting line up, possible improvement in the bowling attack?

And you reckon AB will keep in the test series? Prince and Duminy at 5/6 and AB at 7? That's a pretty ****ing big batting line up. ****.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
All very interesting. Kallis was bowling bloody well in the tests, but has taken some stick in the one-dayers. So effectively, Morne Morkel comes in for Boucher? Slight weakening of the batting line up, possible improvement in the bowling attack?

And you reckon AB will keep in the test series? Prince and Duminy at 5/6 and AB at 7? That's a pretty ****ing big batting line up. ****.
South Africa need a third seamer and Adelaide is a flat track so it isn't a huge concern but you kinda hope Kallis can send down at least five for you don't want too many from Albie and you can't expect JP to send down 10 overs an innings or Ntini to bowl without getting smashed.

If Bouch is out, AB will have to keep in the tests for no successor has yet to be found. Heino Kuhn and and Daryn Smit are the incumbent guys with the A team but neither are banging down the door. Smit's batting just isn't good enough for international cricket despite being a good keeper and handy leg-spinner.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit disappointing that injuries and things have weakened the sides a little.

Has been good to see some new guys get a crack, but de-values it a little it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Watched his comeback in domestic T20. Was shocking. Needs to get rhythm back.
Shocking? In which game? I didn't see his first game back but he's been pretty good in the last two, given the format and everything.

Not that I think he should be picked for the ODI team mind you, but I think he's bowled fine.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shocking? In which game? I didn't see his first game back but he's been pretty good in the last two, given the format and everything.

Not that I think he should be picked for the ODI team mind you, but I think he's bowled fine.
The one against NSW.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It wasn't so much that he got hit (his ER ended up looking very decent IIRC). I thought his length was completely off, usually erring on the short side, but it wasn't punished. Obviously his first three overs back aren't good for judging him, i just thought it looked like he needed a few more games before they think about picking him for Australia.