• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
Great 50 from Gibbs, very well played, might have already done enough to seal the game for the Saffies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Coincidentally I believe Gibbs and Gayle are, if anything, overachievers, due to the same obvious technical defect
Gibbs back in his pomp was a terrific test batsman, and this was in the 90s too.

He does have a technical defect, but I think in the longer form of the game Gibbs is far superior to Gayle.

thierry henry

International Coach
Gibbs back in his pomp was a terrific test batsman, and this was in the 90s too.

He does have a technical defect, but I think in the longer form of the game Gibbs is far superior to Gayle.
imo neither of them have a shot to a full ball on middle stump

thierry henry

International Coach
I always believed Gibbs' problem was a ball on a good length cutting in between his gap between bat and pad.
I always notice with Gibbs and Gayle that, where a lot of players hit a ball on the stumps through midwicket, they try to hit it through cover. Obviously, if you bowl anything outside off-stump to these guys they are in their element. If you bowl a "normal" slightly outside off line, you get murdered. It surprises me that international bowlers don't pick this up more quickly. Conversely, whereas most players would treat a full length middle-and-leg ball as meet and drink, Gibbs and Gayle don't really play the on-drive, so they're a bit stuck on that one.

thierry henry

International Coach
Hamish Marshall and Nathan Astle were the same btw. I think Marshall eventually got found out, he was always liable to be bowled or lbw, but it amazed me how often bowlers bowled poorly to Astle....seriously apart from the last few years of his career he had no front-foot leg side shots