• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

thierry henry

International Coach
This may be controversial, but I'm going to say it.

Bill Lawry is not as biased as people think.
I actually had a post written up about how I felt sorry for Lawry having to commentate with Greig, but then I deleted it as I thought it had all been said before.

Lawry is by far my favourite CH 9 commentator and he always gives the other side a fair go.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually had a post written up about how I felt sorry for Lawry having to commentate with Greig, but then I deleted it as I thought it had all been said before.

Lawry is by far my favourite CH 9 commentator and he always gives the other side a fair go.
Also agree, for me Lawry has always given credit where its due & he's certainly more balanced now than he was in 80s & 90s.

thierry henry

International Coach
Am thinking of going to the boozer in the innings break and downing a doz during the Australian innings tbh. Should liven up the discussion.

thierry henry

International Coach
Not entirely sure about that even if it sounds that way. Bare in mind, these two having been sparring for over 20 years now & things have never really changed
I dunno. I always thought it was tit for tat. These days Lawry isn't really biased at all and Greig is more biased than ever, and is basically carrying on the argument on his own by pretending that Lawry has said something biased when he hasn't.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The new ball in the first 20 overs or so is key for SA on this pitch. It will be hard against the slow bowlers as we've seen and presumably the wicket will get even slower