• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

thierry henry

International Coach
Feet was probably the wrong term, but balance is vital if you're going to play like that. Look at Sehwag's balance when he's hitting anything from point to third man. Its superb.

If you don't move your feet and have no balance, you're not going to be successful. For most of Warner's hoick's his head was steady and in position.
Fair enough. A bad shot can be well executed. imo, shot selection is still of utmost importance.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harris & Botha in particular, give me the ****s. Probs because they've both had reasonable success against Ponting this summer.

pup11

International Coach
Australia has throw away the advantage big time, so that 300 is looking pretty unlikely, time for Hopes and Hussey to do the repair job and at the same time maintain a good run-rate.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another one bites the dust, smart catch that.

Anyone else hear the slight hiccup in the com-box when one of the commentators could be heard through the microphone alluding to his 'action' when showing a replay of Botha bowling? :laugh: Of course they didn't mention it on air

Briony

International Debutant
Another one bites the dust, smart catch that.

Anyone else hear the slight hiccup in the com-box when one of the commentators could be heard through the microphone alluding to his 'action' when showing a replay of Botha bowling? :laugh: Of course they didn't mention it on air
:dry:

But isn't Murali still bowling?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
David Hussey has a chance of being ahead of Michael Hussey in the middle order pecking order if he produces a good innings this match.

With Clarke and Symonds to return, Mike may find it find to keep his place, especially since Dave offers more with the ball too.

pup11

International Coach
Feet was probably the wrong term, but balance is vital if you're going to play like that. Look at Sehwag's balance when he's hitting anything from point to third man. Its superb.

If you don't move your feet and have no balance, you're not going to be successful. For most of Warner's hoick's his head was steady and in position.
I agree with this, with a few of Warner's shots one might get a feeling he is an ugly slogger of the cricket ball who is just having a lucky run, but his knock today and even in the ranger cup games show that there is more too Warner than just tonking and hoicking the ball around, he gives respect to the good balls and backs himself to hit balls that are in his half, i think that's where you gotta respect the individuality and talent of a bloke like a Sehwag, Jayasuriya or Warner, because the way they play is not conventional, and its certainly not the kind of technique you would like to tell some young kid to copy, but it works for them, and that's what makes them exciting and different, and their is no way they should change anything with way they play.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This may be controversial, but I'm going to say it.

Bill Lawry is not as biased as people think.

pup11

International Coach
Aye Capt Obvious.
Hey what's the problem with you dude, i guess the game forum is there for everyone to post about what they think about the game, and obviously you are Mr.know it all, so why do you care with what anyone else posts...