• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

thierry henry

International Coach
If you CAN pull it (its not luck if you hit it for six, unless its a top edge) then why wouldn't you though?
So why criticize the shot that he got out to? That was full enough to heave over midwicket, he could have hit that for 6 as well.

thierry henry

International Coach
Do you think Sehwag is lucky too (I believe Richard thinks that).

Can't help but think that its a bit coincidental that both Sehwag and Gilchrist's performances with tremendous strike rate are just 'lucky'
tbh I don't get to watch Sehwag as much as I do NZ and Aus cricketers. The times I have seen him make runs (NZ tour of 2002/03, and that 190-odd in 2003/04 v Aus come to mind) he seems to have hit a lot of aerial off-side boundaries, to balls that weren't really there to hit, and which he didn't hit in the middle. So yes, when I think of Sehwag's big innings that I have seen most of, he has been lucky for mine.

thierry henry

International Coach
Because it was poorly executed, look at his feet. Head was nowhere too.
So you reckon all the ones he has hit well were well executed with regard to his footwork? Somehow I doubt it....a hoick is a hoick. It's a hit and miss shot by definition.

Pieface

Cricket Spectator
Why not talk about that great stumping. Boucher has kept very well all series and has definitely been a cut above Haddin in that regard.

South Africa fight back once again with both openers out.

howardj

International Coach
Cant wait to get home and watch the run chase. Few things more relaxing than a Friday night watching some quality sport while having some of Grandpa's old cough medicine.

kingkallis

International Coach
Hussey back as well! Good work this by Proteas!

Aussies will be able to score around 320-330 without any serious effort though...

Briony

International Debutant
Cant wait to get home and watch the run chase. Few things more relaxing than a Friday night watching some quality sport while having some of Grandpa's old cough medicine.
I think it might be tougher for the Africans batting under lights than in the raging sun out here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So you reckon all the ones he has hit well were well executed with regard to his footwork? Somehow I doubt it....a hoick is a hoick. It's a hit and miss shot by definition.
Feet was probably the wrong term, but balance is vital if you're going to play like that. Look at Sehwag's balance when he's hitting anything from point to third man. Its superb.

If you don't move your feet and have no balance, you're not going to be successful. For most of Warner's hoick's his head was steady and in position.