• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whatever the hell Mitch had in his mouth in the dressing room, it looked like he was rolling a ciggy lol.

thierry henry

International Coach
He means one of those that don't appreciate diversity in the game.
Hmmmm

I was going to try to argue this but I guess you sorta do have a point lol

I certainly find it very annoying when a guy who consistently looks (to me) as though he has NFI nevertheless consistently scores run

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I certainly find it very annoying when a guy who consistently looks (to me) as though he has NFI nevertheless consistently scores run
As do most. But you can't argue Katich or Gilchrist looked like they had 'no ****in idea'.

You're talking about mindless sloggers.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Massive lol @ Peter Roebuck.

Roebuck: This astounds me, why doesn't Ponting use his powerplay now?
Jim Maxwell: Because there's a bowling powerplay in place
Roebuck: ....oh

social

Watching Gilchrist bat made me feel physically ill. Warner seems a natural successor. Throw in Hayden, Jacques, Katich- Australian lefties are a blight on cricket.
Compared to Chanderpaul, Smith and Ganguly, they are stylists

Tbh, it's harder to name a classical left-handed batsman these days

thierry henry

International Coach
As do most. But you can't argue Katich or Gilchrist looked like they had 'no ****in idea'.

You're talking about mindless sloggers.
With Katich I actually just meant he is ugly to watch

With Gilchrist I certainly felt he looked like he had nfi. Never saw a guy get away with so many miss hit big shots.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
When Marsh hit that last people in the office were like "Finally this guy decides to turn up" and one bloke commented "He's only in here because of his old man"

Hating on Shaun Marsh is so horrific.
Would seriously start something. Pathetic. Especially considering his series thus far and how Warner is dominating at the other end. Partnership anyone?

thierry henry

International Coach
Compared to Chanderpaul, Smith and Ganguly, they are stylists

Tbh, it's harder to name a classical left-handed batsman these days
Smith and Chanderpaul look in control to me. Warner (and Gilchrist to me) just look like they are swishing merrily at everything with little regard for where it goes.

(yes, it's an exaggeration, but this is international cricket ffs. I do not feel comfortable with batsmen who seem to play so many shots that have no real "plan" to them.)

social

Warner may bat like a junior Jayasuriya and have zero experience but he's really got talent - the 2 sixes he's hit are as good as any shots you'll see

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Gilchrist I certainly felt he looked like he had nfi. Never saw a guy get away with so many miss hit big shots.
Convention stated that a mis-hit big shot would more often than not lead to a batsman's dismissal. Gilchrist proved that not necessarily true. The guy was a revolutionary!

How do you feel about Virender Sehwag?

thierry henry

International Coach
Convention stated that a mis-hit big shot would more often than not lead to a batsman's dismissal. Gilchrist proved that not necessarily true. The guy was a revolutionary!

How do you feel about Virender Sehwag?
Exactly

Also find Sehwag dire

Seriously, whenever I watched Gilchrist I just felt like an unluckier guy (i.e. anyone bar him) would've been out 10 times already

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Exactly

Also find Sehwag dire

Seriously, whenever I watched Gilchrist I just felt like an unluckier guy (i.e. anyone bar him) would've been out 10 times already
So basically you're sort of like PrinceEWS, and want batsmen to play with the same (or similar) techniques?