• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I love Warney. Pretty jealous that Top Spin got to play something he obviously loves Poker with Warney last night.

Such a great idea having a McGrath foundation vs Warney foundation Twenty20 match.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stating the obvious, but I reckon the main reason Johnson seems to have a bigger tank than most fast bowlers is that he doesn't seem to exert himself nearly as much as most in his run-up.

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
You want to clear up obvious errors but IMHO if everytime a marginal call is made you have to spend several minutes looking at various angles etc it would interrupt and slow down the game too much.

Maybe have 2 (or 3) umps watching video footage. (3rd ump and match ref are already there) They have 3 options out, undecided and not-out. They have 5 seconds to make a call, cause if your taking longer longer then that it obviously isn't an obvious error.

No referalls, no endless replays, no time wasting. Only the on feild umps get to see the results and only overturns if all off-feilds umps have given same decision.

Something like that should get rid of absolute shocking decisons but not interrupt the flow of the game or hopefully undermine the umps (like I fear referals might.) Your not going to remove every contentious call but I don't think it is possible to ever decide every decision unanimously (just to many grey areas) and not everybody is going to agree (sometimes on what appears to me as clear cut decisions) Some contentious calls after all do give us all something to talk (whine) about. (And the losers some reason to often think the loss was unjustified.)

A referral doesn't have to take more than 5 seconds...

I think the referrals system is the best one - it gives the players the chance to appeal what they believe to be incorrect decisions, but they only have so many chances, and if they get it wrong, the chance is gone. 3 replays and a 20 second time limit would be fine if it means we get it right!

inbox24

International Debutant
A few drops are starting to come down, I reckon Harris, Steyn and Ntini only need to survive less than 10 or 15 overs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He cannot bat at all
Yeah he can. A bad number 11 doesn't average over 10 with the bat and face on average 35 or so balls per innings.

I don't think he's good, in fact Steyn should be batting ahead of him, but yeah not a bad 11.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
MOM - Siddle or Clarke?

I would go for Siddle.

I think Siddle's performances in the past two Tests will mean that Brett Lee will struggle to wear a baggy green ever again.