• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah, third. First for "accidentally" calling Barney a racist, second two for general trollery I think.

Three strikes and out, surely? :ph34r:

Indeed. Take Richard. Please. :p

I'm here all week. The chicken in a basket is great wi'peas. :cool:
Love kicking a bloke whilst he is down don't you?

inbox24

International Debutant
Why the hell is Ponting making Lee bowl in a hopeless game where HE'S CLEARLY INJURED AND OBVIOUSLY IN PAIN.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AWTA

Steyn IMO, because if he hadn't stuck in there, odds are heavy that Duminy wouldn't have scored nearly as many, Australia would have had the first innings lead, and the match would be very different right now. Also add Steyn's second innings heroics. No competition.
Plus, if not for Steyn's 5-fer in the first dig, SA might have been chasing a fair bit more than the 394 they were.

Craig

World Traveller
Doubt it worked that way. Reckon Lee would have badgered him to take the ball.
Unless Lee has photos of Ponting that he would not want leaked into the media or had a loaded gun pointed at Ponting's head, I'm sure he could turn Lee down.

Top_Cat

Unless Lee has photos of Ponting that he would not want leaked into the media or had a loaded gun pointed at Ponting's head, I'm sure he could turn Lee down.
This is macho sport, son. Have to kill yourself to get noticed. Even if Lee aggravates the injury so much he can't so much as walk straight for a year, he'll know that Ponting thinks he's a badass.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's a stupid thing to do. Lee should say no, and Ponting should tell him to go sit down. It doesn't make sense to risk his career.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
It's a stupid thing to do. Lee should say no, and Ponting should tell him to go sit down. It doesn't make sense to risk his career.
The pyhsio said in a press conference yesterday that if the bone does break, it's actually a good thing because it will heal stronger. If he stops now and lets it settle down again, there's always the chance of it flaring up again in the near future.

Short term pain for long term gain so to speak.

inbox24

International Debutant
If Lee comes back from this injury and becomes even half the bowler he was at his peak, then it will be considered one of the greatest comebacks of all time.

For me his career is all but over, time to blood the new guys.

Top_Cat

Concepts such as 'common sense' don't come into it.

Look, obviously I don't know any of this for sure but if Lee seriously has fractures in the foot which takes the load of bowling quick, then for him to have even batted let alone be out there bowling now shows a fairly spectacular lack of concern for one's own welfare.

It would also surprise me greatly if this problem only came up in this match.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Steyn IMO, because if he hadn't stuck in there, odds are heavy that Duminy wouldn't have scored nearly as many, Australia would have had the first innings lead, and the match would be very different right now. Also add Steyn's second innings heroics. No competition.
Disagree entirely.

Top_Cat

The pyhsio said in a press conference yesterday that if the bone does break, it's actually a good thing because it will heal stronger. If he stops now and lets it settle down again, there's always the chance of it flaring up again in the near future.

Short term pain for long term gain so to speak.
So Lee intentionally shreds his foot because of 'long-term gain'? I don't buy it for a second. Perhaps if he was 10 years younger because he has time on his side but right now, it's virtually career-ending if it breaks.