• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Me neither, tbh. Was working up a fair bit of pace, up to 150kph in his few overs - hope that is a sign that he is really pumped for what will likely be his last bowl in a month or two - could theoretically be his last bowl for Australia.
As they were discussing on the commentary today, running in every delivery thinking, "is this going to be the time when this painful hotspot becomes a full blown stress fracture? And if so, will I hear it before I feel the pain when the bone breaks?"

A bit much to hope for him to be at his best in terms of devising and implementing strategies to get the batsman out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
well, I didn't know that.. Thanks. Juz never thought Richard would do something "bannable"..
if i am correct this is his second ban rite ?????
Yeah, third. First for "accidentally" calling Barney a racist, second two for general trollery I think.

Three strikes and out, surely? :ph34r:

Even God makes mistakes.
Indeed. Take Richard. Please. :p

I'm here all week. The chicken in a basket is great wi'peas. :cool:

susudear

Banned
M Hussay this year

Code:
Opponent	Mat	Inns	NO	Runs	HS	Ave	BF	SR	100	50	0	
v India		7	12	1	648	146	58.90	1401	46.25	2	3	1	
v New Zealand	2	3	0	105	70	35.00	265	39.62	0	1	1
v South Africa	2	4	0	10	8	2.50	59	16.94	0	0	2	
v West Indies	3	6	0	137	56	22.83	366	37.43	0	1	0

[B]Overall		14	25	1	900	146	37.50	2091	43.04	2	5	4[/B]
It might sound a travesty, but another bad series and Hussay could get the boot.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When was the last time Australia lost two test series in a row?
Getting ready for when the Aussies lose the return leg, obviously.

Last time was 1988, when the lost in Pakistan and then at home to the Windies.

Looking further back, in 1984/85 they lost four straight (WI x 2, England, NZ) before drawing 0-0 with India, losing to the Kiwis again, returning the drawn series in the subcontinent, and being turned over by England. They then proceeded to win the World Cup...

That run without a series win stretched from January 1984 until December 1987 - almost four years.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
South Africa inching closer to the tag of the best test cricket team in the world atm. Australia marginally behind them even with the shortage of bowling resources, Closely followed by England and India. What a couple of years in prospect for Test Cricket.

Evermind

International Debutant
well, I didn't know that.. Thanks. Juz never thought Richard would do something "bannable"..
It doesn't matter what he did - can we just enjoy the fact that he's banned? Man that troll had like 40,000 posts. This ban might help him actually...get a life.

Evermind

International Debutant
Current rankings (in my book):

1. SA
2. Australia
3. India
4. England/SL
6. NZ/WI

Pakistan is out of reckoning I'm afraid.

No way are India anywhere near the top spot - I think they're a distant third. Let's see them beat teams in away series, and we'll talk about it again. The ridiculous last-day batting on the second test was something Australia or SA would never do. Let's not get carried away, people!

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Current rankings (in my book):

1. SA
2. Australia
3. India
4. England/SL
6. NZ/WI

Pakistan is out of reckoning I'm afraid.

No way are India anywhere near the top spot - I think they're a distant third. Let's see them beat teams in away series, and we'll talk about it again. The ridiculous last-day batting on the second test was something Australia or SA would never do. Let's not get carried away, people!
I would put England ahead of SL in that rating simply because of the inability of the SL'can batsmen to perform on tours. Apart from a couple of players, rest of them have always struggled on tours. They are always reliant on spin in their bowling which might not suit them in places like SA or Aus. Whereas a bit of fine tuning can make England go a bit further ahead of SL. They probably have a better batting line-up. Bowling seems to be ok if they can get the right combinations and people in form.