• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My guess is Perhaps went too far in his argument protesting Sledger's banning, whom he almost always defends, rightly or wrongly.
What a crock of ****, Richard didn't actually say that sledger shouldn't have been banned at any point. Why stir **** like that?!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What a crock of ****, Richard didn't actually say that sledger shouldn't have been banned at any point. Why stir **** like that?!
I meant, he probably did so in private via email, not publicly on the forum. If he had done so in public, it would be obvious, that's why I said it was guess on my part, I never said he actually did that. I dont know why that makes you so upset.

Anyways, If Richard has an issue with what I said he can deal with me when he comes back. That said he has not got any moral grounds to seek any explanation from me esp when he makes much worse comments openly about me at the slightest opportunity he gets. For Example, recently he said in one of the threads :-

"Sanz should have been banned maaaaaany times in my view, and it disappoints me that he hasn't been. Personally, I have very little time for him and think he's a considerable negative influence on the forum, often, and only rarely much of a positive one"

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=40774

James

Cricket Web Owner
Guys, this isn't the place to be discussing Richard's ban and guessing as to why he was banned. There isn't a place anywhere really for it, except for contacting Richard via email/MSN and asking him directly.

Can you please make this be the end of it so people can enjoy posting about the final days play. :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Has to be Steyn - ten wickets and a 75

If Ponting had stayed in a bit longer in his second dig and Australia somehow won, he'd have a good claim, but as it is he and Duminy are just behind what Steyn's done here.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Match isn't over yet.

Duminy IMO, because if he hadn't stuck in there, odds are heavy that Steyn wouldn't have scored nearly as many, Australia would have had the first innings lead, and the match would be very different right now regardless of Steyn's second innings heroics.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed with the "passing of the torch" comments. I think it's a little less settled than it was in the mid 90s, but South Africa will definitely deserve their #1 title if they do complete the series win.

There's a return leg coming up pretty soon though, which Australia could regroup for and win. Would throw an interesting angle on things. In reality I think there's going to be three teams near the top for a while, and it may be difficult to seperate them.

edit: Damnit, Watson. Guess we're stuck with Symonds on one leg now.

Top_Cat

Man, that sucks so hard for Watson. Can't imagine how he must feel right now. Test spot there for the taking and *poof*.

Personally, that's guaranteed Symonds will get another go. I doubt the selectors will be ballsy enough to pick another number 6.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
If not for Duminy, South Africa would have lost this Test. Steyn may have won it for them, but I'd argue that Australia were bundled out because of what Duminy and the tail achieved the day before. So Duminy for MOTM.

Top_Cat

They only cut the ticket prices by $10, so it's still $20 for most. Should had chopped it down to $10 if they wanted a crowd
With only 150 to get, should have let people in for free. It's probably only because crowds have been pretty ordinary before today that they wouldn't.

Like watching a FR Cup game. Except with fewer people.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With only 150 to get, should have let people in for free. It's probably only because crowds have been pretty ordinary before today that they wouldn't.

Like watching a FR Cup game. Except with fewer people.
Nah I wouldn't have made it for free.

Watching world class players for three hours should cost you something. $15 I would say, $20 isn't that bad either.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
it has to be Steyn, for having a big impact three innings in a row.
Has to be Steyn - ten wickets and a 75
AWTA

Duminy IMO, because if he hadn't stuck in there, odds are heavy that Steyn wouldn't have scored nearly as many, Australia would have had the first innings lead, and the match would be very different right now regardless of Steyn's second innings heroics.
Steyn IMO, because if he hadn't stuck in there, odds are heavy that Duminy wouldn't have scored nearly as many, Australia would have had the first innings lead, and the match would be very different right now. Also add Steyn's second innings heroics. No competition.