• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
Originally Posted by Craig
If SA get the runs and win, what would be the better win - here in Melbourne or in Perth?
Both would be great wins, but the win at Melbourne would be better by some distance, as from being 6/141, they went onto garner a 64 run lead and thereafter bowl the Aussies out cheaply, and now are in touching distance of their first test series win in Australia, that certainly is a very impressive showing from the Proteas, and kudos to the Saffies for coming up with such awesome performances in back to back tests.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there are some in SA team also on the aging factor ..Boucher kallis and nitin..but ya if SA win this series then

my ranking will be SA,india....Aus.....Eng...SL...Pak .....WI ,NZ....................Ban
SL a bit higher than that. It's a given Mendis will destroy England for instance and probably SA too.

Johnners

Haha **** me this thread has been pathetic. Terrible 2 days of cricket from Australia, barring a wonderful batting performance (apart from that 1 shot :() from Ponting.

****ing pissed off at Symonds inclusion in the team moreso than at any other time in his career atm, lost for words about it really. If he's not dropped for the Sydney test it's ****ing atrocious.

Lees injury could be a blessing in disguise really. Love the bloke, but he's clearly still horribly out of form (yeah has bowled a few good overs, but his no-ball problem says it all really) and imo suffering from the indian tour. Bollinger to replace him and take 10-fer in Sydney.

Massive lol at the idea that Clarke needs to be dropped though. Not like he's been one of our best batsmen so far this summer or anything.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Haha **** me this thread has been pathetic. Terrible 2 days of cricket from Australia, barring a wonderful batting performance (apart from that 1 shot :() from Ponting.

****ing pissed off at Symonds inclusion in the team moreso than at any other time in his career atm, lost for words about it really. If he's not dropped for the Sydney test it's ****ing atrocious.

Lees injury could be a blessing in disguise really. Love the bloke, but he's clearly still horribly out of form (yeah has bowled a few good overs, but his no-ball problem says it all really) and imo suffering from the indian tour. Bollinger to replace him and take 10-fer in Sydney.

Massive lol at the idea that Clarke needs to be dropped though. Not like he's been one of our best batsmen so far this summer or anything.
Suffering from nascent stress fractures in his foot. Not surprised he was no-balling today if bowling was hurting him as much as it was suggested would be the case. But agree, we want four fit bowlers, preferably ones in some semblance of form for Sydney.

kingkallis

International Coach
Agreed. Been a little sad at his lack of results this year - and been a little pained at some of the harsh comment directed his way.

The guy remains a good bowler, has heart, and is one of the nice guys and real sportsmen of world cricket. Deserving of more support, imo.
I totally agree, Lee is one of the real gem of a sportsmen of world cricket.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Apparently that's because he has claimed a few grassed catches in his time and he's good friend with Symonds, and he looks like a tool and has Lara Bingle as his fiancé, i think these are the few reasons why the CW has this much Clarke hate in the air.
He also looks like Paris Hilton. Coincidence? I think not.

Current world standings:

1. India/South Africa
2. ?
3. ???
4. ??
5. England/Pakistan
6. New Zealand
7. West Indies
8. Bangladesh
9. Daylight
10. ?
11. USA
12. Zimbabwe
13. ??
14. ???
15. ?
16. Australia
17. Lidcombe Cricket Club

Australia currently ranked 16th in the world.

If India were playing this series, we might definitely have pulled Perth off since we did chase 387 losing just 4 wickets recently. However, I don't see Yuvraj playing the Duminy innings at the MCG. India would have been 1-1 by now. SA deserve to be ranked above India if they pull this off, and it is now upto India to perform and put forward a case for them to be ranked #1.

And just one last thing, lads............................

:blow:Michael Hussey's Test average has now dropped below 60:blow:

Johnners

The no-ball problem hasn't just come back this match though, iirc bowled quite a few against NZ as well. Despite his haul against NZ, he's clearly still feeling the effects of his illness against India.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If India were playing this series, we might definitely have pulled Perth off since we did chase 387 losing just 4 wickets recently. However, I don't see Yuvraj playing the Duminy innings at the MCG. India would have been 1-1 by now. SA deserve to be ranked above India if they pull this off, and it is now upto India to perform and put forward a case for them to be ranked #1.
I reckon they'd have lost 2-1 after underperforming in the first test, somehow collapsing to lose 7 wickets in the final session of the second test and blaming it all on the umpires before coming back to win in Perth with the help of their bowlers ability to swing the ball. Then Ponting would ton up in the final test as Australia secured the series with a draw.

Just a hunch though.

kingkallis

International Coach
Oh? So what's the point of the 'Runs' column to the right of the 'Bat 1' and 'Bat 2' columns?

I assumed that meant the total number of runs for the match?
Yeah mate! Hope we can play atleast 30-40 overs in the day!

Oh wait, we gonna have a full day and we gonna win the game! Good luck Boks!

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I reckon they'd have lost 2-1 after underperforming in the first test, somehow collapsing to lose 7 wickets in the final session of the second test and blaming it all on the umpires before coming back to win in Perth with the help of their bowlers ability to swing the ball. Then Ponting would ton up in the final test as Australia secured the series with a draw.

Just a hunch though.
The presence of Ishant and Harbhajan would ensure Ponting didn't ton up more than once in the series. :ph34r: Besides, the Indian team now have a restraining order slapped on Steve Bucknor, thankfully.

pup11

International Coach
My XI for the SCG test would be:
1.P.Hughes
2.S.Katich
3.R.Ponting (C)
4.M.Hussey
5.M.Clarke
6.S.Watson
7.B.Haddin (wk)
8.M.Johnson
9.N.Hauritz
10.P.Siddle
11.B.Hilfenhaus

susudear

Banned
Johnners promotion

My XI for the SCG test would be:
1.P.Hughes
2.S.Katich
3.R.Ponting (C)
4.M.Hussey
5.M.Clarke
6.S.Watson
7.B.Haddin (wk)
8.M.Johnson
9.N.Hauritz
10.P.Siddle
11.B.Hilfenhaus
From stroke of luck bowler to strike and main bowler in the team, Johnson's swings have been wilder than those of Murali while batting.

kingkallis

International Coach
A comment from Cricinfo

Posted by: vijay bhatt at December 29, 2008 9:03 AM

Ponting is best captain in world also best bastman of the world now problem is hayden and hussy and lees form what about shown tait and nathan brekan and give chance to lefthand bowler and I think shown marsh and shane wations is good player and also higest wicket in domestic level some two batsman leftarm bowler also give them chance within one or two series australiya back to form.

:laugh:
susudear, its you posting there with a fake identity or what bro? :unsure:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoping, but not really expecting... :(
Me neither, tbh. Was working up a fair bit of pace, up to 150kph in his few overs - hope that is a sign that he is really pumped for what will likely be his last bowl in a month or two - could theoretically be his last bowl for Australia.