• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lucky boy McKenzie, surely even an unbeaten 50 wouldn't save his place now with Prince coming back

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I found it very interesting that not one of them had to bat twice. Just goes to show that one person can win you a game comprehensively!
Interesting to see John Lever on the 10-for and 50 list. As if a 10-fer for Lever in test cricket wasn't surprising enough, he scored a 50 in the same game! Crikey!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great approach from Smith here. Just what I was hoping he would do when the commentators said there was nothing SA could gain from the 5 or so overs tonight.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
its filtered to show above fifty score only...the thing is that no one has scored 2 fifties and taken 10 for in match :)
Oh? So what's the point of the 'Runs' column to the right of the 'Bat 1' and 'Bat 2' columns?

I assumed that meant the total number of runs for the match?

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Melbourne weather forecast
  • Tonight: Overcast with showers at times. Low 58F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
  • Tomorrow: Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 71F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Really hope that doesn't happen. South Africa Deserve the series win here.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yup Sachiun and a Lara are leagues ahead of Ponting, Dravid and co.
:laugh:

What I find funny are the standards placed on these batsmen varying so much. Sachin is averaging 48 this year and is "back". Ponting is averaging 47 and is "poor or out of form".

At the End of Year 2006, Ponting 33 100s, Tendulkar 35
At the End of Year 2007, Ponting 33 100s, Tendulkar 37
At the End of Year 2008, Ponting 37 100s, Tendulkar 41

Doesn't look like a Guarantee.

I think it's pretty accurate to say that Ponting will most likely overtake Sachin's records - barring serious injury or lack of desire to play on long enough.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Ran to the MCG after work when Ponting was on 87. Can't imagine how shattered I was when he got out on 99. Was great seeing Johnson bat so well in the flesh, pity Siddle and Hauritz couldn't stick around.

I haven't read much of this thread, but I'd imagine there's a lot of laughing, doomsday calls etc etc. There will definitley be heaps in the media all around the world. However I think it's a pity that people focus on the rubbish and not on the fact that this has been a brilliant series, by far the best since 05 and there are too many shortsighted morons missing that point.

Bees

U19 12th Man
No doomsday from me! You can never count the Aussies out, as Mitchell Johnson proved in the first test. Even if the Saffies win the series, I still think you can call Australia the best team - remember, the squad didn't have Clark. Furthermore, some responsibility must rest on the selectors.

I should've stayed away from the Match Thread on the Cricinfo Facebook. It's 10% about the match, 90% bickering between Aussies and Indians about cheating and the spirit of cricket - not to mention lots of schaudenfraud! Indians pleased to see the downfall of the Aussies, Aussies saying that they're glad the Saffies beat them at home because the Indians couldn't! Sheer partisan madness in there!

Here's an interesting statistic:

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine...rtnerships_by_wicket.html?id=4314;type=series

No team has got a real start so far in this series

Last edited: