• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

JBH001

International Regular
10 fer and a 50. Well done Steyn!

Assuming SA dont implode, bit of a toss up as to MoTM: JP or Steyn?

Ernest

U19 12th Man
How good is this.. Punter out for 99 and Australia on the verge of the first home series loss since 1989?

What did that old VB add say?

"It doesn't get any better than this"

:laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Thanks for that Sanz. Did not know it had been so close over the last three years.

I still think though, based on age and longevity, that Ponting will pass Sachin. Although I do agree that 50 test hundreds is an outside possibility, and extremely unlikely.

Btw, I do consider Sachin to be the better bat.
Yup Sachiun and a Lara are leagues ahead of Ponting, Dravid and co.

Craig

World Traveller
How good is this.. Punter out for 99 and Australia on the verge of the first home series loss since 1989?

What did that old VB add say?

"It doesn't get any better than this"

:laugh:
What about your mate Michael Clarke? That was a rubbish shot and at the end of the over Australia went from 3-down to 5-down.

JBH001

International Regular
Yup Sachiun and a Lara are leagues ahead of Ponting, Dravid and co.
Dont know about "leagues ahead" mate. Think thats going too far. But where Sachin, at least, (and maybe Lara) is concerned, definitely better imo.

Craig

World Traveller
Will be settled on the couch tomorrow watching the run chase.

Incidentally list of players who have taken 10 wickets in a match and scored 50 or more. http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru...uns;template=results;type=allround;view=match

Botham and Imran are the only ones to have scored a 100 and 10 fer in the same game, although Hadlee has scored a 50 and taken a 10 fer three times. More than anybody else.
That is interesting, I thought Sobers would be there, considering how much he would bowl himself (and he would take the new ball a few times as well).