• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
Aussies in real **** atm, one more wicket here and it could be all over, a really good partnership between Haddin and Ponting would be now required to guide Australia to safe shores, really poor stroke from Clarke to get out when Australia were starting to get some sort of a grip on the game, and the problem is he plays most of his shots very half-heartedly nowadays, and that's why he keeps getting caught like this often in inner ring area.

pup11

International Coach
Australia can't live in hope of drawing this game now, because they are not likely to set a target that would bat South Africa out of the game now, so there only hope is to score as many as they can and try to bowl as well as possible and win the game, but South Africa are odds on favorite to win this game from here on.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Australia can't live in hope of drawing this game now, because they are not likely to set a target that would bat South Africa out of the game now, so there only hope is to score as many as they can and try to bowl as well as possible and win the game, but South Africa are odds on favorite to win this game from here on.
No reason why Australia can't do a South Africa and put on 200 odd for the final 4 wickets.

Especially with Ponting at the crease.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how the commentators have talked up Australia's tail all series and talked down the South Africans.

It may well be the difference between the two sides in this test.

susudear

Banned
Gone

Lee doesnt conjure any miracles.

Poor Ponting is likely to run out of partners at this rate.

However I expect Ashes Adelaide 06-07 to happen. SA to be skittled out for 120.

pup11

International Coach
I am afraid the game could well get over today itself, because its hard to see the South African bowlers go blunt all of sudden, so as i said Australia' best chance now is to get anywhere near 250-280 and bowl as well as they can to bowl out the Proteas and win the game.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really can't see Australia managing this one. Obviously Ponting could do what Duminy did, but I have a feeling he'll make his ton and then get out. If it was Hussey, maybe.

I also don't think an "awkward" chase of 200-250 would be sufficient either. If Lee was fit, maybe, but without him there's just not enough support there, even if Siddle and Johnson both bowl really well.

Anyway, if there's ever been a time for Johnson to show why he should be batting above Lee, which everyone seems to think every time Lee gets a score under 50, this is it. A half-century from one of the bowlers would make a massive difference.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I am afraid the game could well get over today itself, because its hard to see the South African bowlers go blunt all of sudden, so as i said Australia' best chance now is to get anywhere near 250-280 and bowl as well as they can to bowl out the Proteas and win the game.
35.3 overs left in the day, minus 2 overs for change of innings.

Even if the Aussies lost their last 3 wickets in the next over, I can't see the game being lost today.

Hope it rains in Melbourne all day tomorrow!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JBH001. Bit of a Jack Hobbs fan, eh?

Reminds me of the time when I found the ancient cricket gear bag at work. A genuinely old cricket bat "JACK HOBBS" brand was found therein.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
I'm so disappointed I will likely be going to the first 2 days of the SCG test for a dead rubber...who would have thought SA would be up 2-0?