• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's about the first ball that Clarke has looked to play on the back foot.

I thought the game was slipping from South Africa with every half-chance they didn't take. Right back into the driver's seat now.
Seriously, they've been in the driver's seat all morning. In any decent Test side, you can expect at least one batter to offer some resistance. Aus only lead by 80. Only if they led by 200+ would you consider that the momentum had shifted away from them. Even then, not by much.....

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lee's good to bat right? Still think depending on how these two go Australia can set up something like 220-240.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad thing is that he hasn't played any cricket since his last Shield game in (IIRC) Early December/late November?

Probably lost all his form.
On the flipside he'd be well rested. The less wear and tear on the guy the better although a nice knock in the middle would go a long way for him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, Aussies are not out of this. I think it's pretty fair to say that there'll be a result. If they can set 250, there's a chance. Haddin's in a bit of form, if Pointing sticks around and the tails wags, it's definitely possible to set a very good total.

Top_Cat

Yea, Aussies are not out of this. I think it's pretty fair to say that there'll be a result. If they can set 250, there's a chance. Haddin's in a bit of form, if Pointing sticks around and the tails wags, it's definitely possible to set a very good total.
No Lee, though. Defending even that many missing a bowler would be very tough.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
If South Africa win (and they will) does Australia bite the bullet and start preparing for the Ashes?

And if so, where do you start? Telling Hayden his race is run and bringing in Rogers? Do you throw Hughes in at the deep end while the vacancy is still there?

What do you do with the last bowling spot? Do you put in both Krejza and Hauritz and have them bowl off against each other on a turning deck or do you blood Hilfenhaus or Bollinger?

The only that that's certain is that Symonds is out and Watson is in.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
If South Africa win (and they will) does Australia bite the bullet and start preparing for the Ashes?

And if so, where do you start? Telling Hayden his race is run and bringing in Rogers? Do you throw Hughes in at the deep end while the vacancy is still there?

What do you do with the last bowling spot? Do you put in both Krejza and Hauritz and have them bowl off against each other on a turning deck or do you blood Hilfenhaus or Bollinger?

The only that that's certain is that Symonds is out and Watson is in.
Don't think they should start preparing for revenge just yet. Revenge over in SA should be first priority, because i still think Australia once the right balance is found in the bowling attack, are better than SA.

But knowing these selectors i wouldn't be surprised if an Ashes 05 like selection brain failure occurs..

Top_Cat

From what I've seen, the buzz has been all Hughes. Rogers, despite belting everyone, has barely been mentioned. If Haydos goes, Hughes would be in with a huge chance.

Seriously, when was the last time Sydney actually turned? I'd say the pace bowlers would get a go and if the selectors really mean the whole 'local knowledge' thing, Bolly would have to play surely.