• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This match just twists and turns. While South Africa remain heavily on top Ponting looks ready to set a big score which will undoubtedly turn the game to his favor. Though a draw is as good as a loss to the Aussie's if they want to win this series.
A draw is easily better than a lose.

If we win in Sydney and level the series 1-1, we retain the trophy. So much better than losing 2-1 or worse.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Ponting was to make a ton today it would be the third time he's made a century in each innings against South Africa, and the 9th century against them in total. Given they've had consistently the strongest fast bowling lineup around outside of Australia during Ponting's career, that's a pretty amazing statistic.
But he's still a failure in India!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And so on.

Top_Cat

I don't think a couple of dodgy experiences should be a deterrant if the system is going to result in more correct decisions being made which by far and away is the most important criteria for mine and technology certainly does allow for it although in no way does it guarantee foolproof decision making.
This, for me too.

I see Graeme Smith is, like Ponting, suffering from 3rd-slip-itis.

Top_Cat

From Cricinfo;

39.4 Morkel to Ponting, FOUR, sublime shot from Ponting, swiveling to a ball thats not exactly that shot, connecting flush off the middle and depositing it flat over square leg

Smith immediately puts a fielder out there in the deep for such a shot

I guess they're not so different after all.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Whichever one's team is winning is the better captain by far. As soon as one of them loses a few, they're the worst captain in the world.
Agreed, though some people like Fleming have always been considered great despite a modest record, while Ponting has always been considered below the top level despite a superlative record.

Not by me, mind you, but that's certainly been the perception.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
That's about the first ball that Clarke has looked to play on the back foot.

I thought the game was slipping from South Africa with every half-chance they didn't take. Right back into the driver's seat now.