• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Personally don't see us getting Bollinger or Hilfenhaus in especially to the fact that we always play 2 spinners in the SCG match. So esentially apart from Hauritz, who is the other ideal one??
Krejza, but there is no way we are going to pick 2 spinners in a 4 man attack.

They'll probably bring back Cam White.. 8-)

I've said it before but Cricket Australia really need to work on the rescheduling. It's insane that we are struggling at the moment and no one can really put their hands up for selection as they are just playing Finger Licking good Cricket.

jondavluc

State Regular
Symonds should stay he hasn't done anything to get a drop his feilding has being decent from what I sore and his batting ok.Lee should get a break though for the next test and put in ben in or bollinger.Anyways ****ing awful day today for Australia damn ****ing awful.

Apart from the dropped catches,what else do you think they did wrong? Just wondering what more they could have done (aside from picking an all rounder who is fit enough to bowl propoerly).
I don't know maybe bowl it at the stumps. The first session they didn't do that.they just bowled short stuff at dale and frankly thats not how to knock down a tail.

pasag

RTDAS
You really had to see that to believe it. Got to the ground this morning expecting to see SA rolled over for next to nothing and then see the fireworks as we try set a total. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Steyn would be in the grasp of 100! Incredible stuff from Duminy. I think it's safe to say we've thrown away the series today and if things don't go well in Sydney we can lose it. It's been a fantastic contest though a bit depressed and sunburnt with nothing to show for it.

pup11

International Coach
Apart from the dropped catches,what else do you think they did wrong? Just wondering what more they could have done (aside from picking an all rounder who is fit enough to bowl propoerly).
Bowl better lengths for starters, Siddle was terrible this morning and that definitely let South Africa off the hook, Johnson was unlucky as he beat the bat on too many occasions without much luck and when he made Steyn edge one Ponting dropped the chance, when you are one bowler short you certainly should look to make up for that with your fielding, but Australia were very sloppy and that certainly has killed their chances in this game.

You are not entirely wrong either, the rub of the green certainly didn't go the Aussie way, but credit needs to go to Duminy and Co. who batted brilliantly, but having said that a more imaginative and sharp captain then Ponting could have handled the situation better, had Ponting been attacking and looked to dry up their 1's and asked them to go over the top for their runs, he might have succeeded in wrapping the Saffie innings a lot earlier, and in this new era for Australia lack of proactiveness in Ponting' captaincy might keep on hurting Australia in the future too.

pasag

RTDAS
Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Watson
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
Siddle

Throw the kitchen sink at them.

pup11

International Coach
Personally don't see us getting Bollinger or Hilfenhaus in especially to the fact that we always play 2 spinners in the SCG match. So esentially apart from Hauritz, who is the other ideal one??
We're over the Warne-MacGill era mate.....

susudear

Banned
Injured?

Why didn't Kat-man get a bowl today?
The wise men in the box were speculating whether Katich has got a sore shoulder/limb/something else that prevented Ponting from using him.

I don't think Hauritz has done too badly here in MCG. He will be automatic selection for SCG Test barring developments that are not foreseeable. So, it would come to two spots eventually, that of Lee and Symonds. Symonds has got a chance in the 2nd innings to seal his spot. Otherwise I would like to see Watson coming in for Lee, and probably Hilfy for Symonds. Watson has proved he can bowl in hard for long spells in India and was perhaps the most effective pace bowler for Australia in that whole series. His batting will a huge advantage.

So my XI for SCG Test

M Hayden (possibly the last time Punter ever has to scribble his name in the team sheet)
S Katich
R Ponting
M Hussay
M Clarke
A Symonds
B Haddin
S Watson
M Johnson
N Hauritz
Hilfenhaus

pup11

International Coach
Too much watching mediocre spin Test after Test for mine.
Being a bit too harsh on Hauritz imo, he bowled ok in the first innings and had the other 3 quicks done their job with relative consistency then everything should have been fine.

inbox24

International Debutant
Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Watson
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger
Siddle

Throw the kitchen sink at them.
Agree with this, except if Hayden fails agains this innings, we should toy with the prospect of Hussey opening and his brother in the middle OR Hughes.