• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Lee's to one dimensional as a bowler, always has been. When the pace isn't there and he isn't bowling it in the right place, he barely has any weapons. That is the reason his average is over 30.
Between WI 05 to WI 08 before his recent woes starter in India, Lee certainly wasn't one-dimensional.

He clearly evolved from the inconsistent short or full bowler he was, started bowling the in the corridor of uncertainly & developed his repotoire ten fold i.e his ability to reverse swing the ball (still very bemused at why he wasn't getting it to go in India TBH).

pup11

International Coach
What a wonderful day of test cricket, and its clearly advantage Australia atm, the credit goes to all the bowlers who kept the things tight and bowled really well to drive the Aussies into this situation, but Michael Clarke and the tail also deserve special mention because its their resilience that really ensured Australia had a good 1st innings score to work with.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta feel for the Aussies having to bowl to Paul Harris, possibly the most annoying tail-ender of all time. He stays on the back foot permanently so he doesn't get out to many bouncers. Most clonk off his wooden head and go for four leg-byes. If you pitch it up he'll hang the bat at everything, usually missing because he's so far back on his stumps. When you finally find the edge it'll invariably die before the slips cordon because he plays with baby-soft hands, probably going for four to third man. If the ball goes leg-side he'll try to flick it and miss, with the ball deflecting off his pads for four leg-byes. If there's one man who can drive Brett Lee to early retirement it's this man.

Evermind

International Debutant
Gotta feel for the Aussies having to bowl to Paul Harris, possibly the most annoying tail-ender of all time. He stays on the back foot permanently so he doesn't get out to many bouncers. Most clonk off his wooden head and go for four leg-byes. If you pitch it up he'll hang the bat at everything, usually missing because he's so far back on his stumps. When you finally find the edge it'll invariably die before the slips cordon because he plays with baby-soft hands, probably going for four to third man. If the ball goes leg-side he'll try to flick it and miss, with the ball deflecting off his pads for four leg-byes. If there's one man who can drive Brett Lee to early retirement it's this man.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Right on. I can totally imagine Harris having baby-soft hands.

susudear

Banned
Drab day

for saffie fans. thought they d roll em in a carpet for less than 320. And worse batting. Predict a lead of 160 for Aussies.

pup11

International Coach
what is with brett lee, looks like all of a sudden he is back to his former average self?
The problem is he isn't bowling that badly either, in the past his problem was he didn't used bowl on the good length too often, he in general either used to bowl full or short, but that's not the problem he is having at present, his problem is he isn't moving the ball and he seems to striving for that extra yard of pace clear from the number of front-foot no-balls he bowled today, so imo there is nothing majorly wrong with Lee, there are a few adjustments he should make and the wickets too would follow.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
With regards to crowds, surely this is the boot up the arse CA and the various grounds need to lower ticket prices. I would love to go to all five days at the WACA, but absolutely not going to pay $26 a day (as a concession for ****'s sake) to sit on the hill. They are ridiculous prices and frankly the deserve the **** crowd they have today.
Sheesh. $26?! How dare they!?!?

Seriously, you should try being an English cricket fan. 4th day at The Oval in 2007 set me back £50.

Theres nothing worse than seeing two poor bowlers take wickets. A spinner who doesnt turn the ball and a bowler that barely bowls on the stumps.
:laugh:

That's Dickinson-esque. TEC clearly thinking CW lacking a bit on the mean-spirited dickhead front in Dicko's absence.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah but there's less seats at English grounds (on average) and ****loads more people, higher demand for higher prices.
All true, but none of those factors result in less of a hit in my pocket. It just makes Aussies whinging about paying (what seems to me) a pittance seem to come straight from the "my diamond shoes are too tight" school of moaning.