• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Evermind

International Debutant
Mark Nicholas shut the **** up since you don't have superhuman vision.

"Omg it's out!!! it's out for sure!! I bet it on my life! he's gone!!!!"

What an irritating commentator.

pup11

International Coach
Feel bad for Lee, nothing seems to be going right for him atm, and given the number of no-balls he is bowling he might soon take a wicket of a no-ball.

pup11

International Coach
Lee is bowling shocking atm. Expecting him to grab a few wickets now.
I think Lee' primary problem atm is he is trying too hard and somewhere down the line a bit of desperation seems to have crept in, he seems to be doing a lot of strength training and that kind of stuff to keep his pace high, and in all this his bowling seems have suffered, the ball just doesn't seem to be coming right out of his hand atm, the seam position is wobbly and as a result there hasn't been much swing for him, neither conventional nor reverse, so without any swing Lee just ends being a fast bowler who hits the bat hard, so needs to gets that swing going again.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Lee' primary problem atm is he is trying too hard and somewhere down the line a bit of desperation seems to have crept in, he seems to be doing a lot of strength training and that kind of stuff to keep his pace high, and in all this his bowling seems have suffered, the ball just doesn't seem to be coming right out of his hand atm, the seam position is wobbly and as a result there hasn't been much swing for him, neither conventional nor reverse, so without any swing Lee just ends being a fast bowler who hits the bat hard, so needs to gets that swing going again.
Lee's to one dimensional as a bowler, always has been. When the pace isn't there and he isn't bowling it in the right place, he barely has any weapons. That is the reason his average is over 30.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top, top ball from Johnson, right on offstump. Cracking delivery. Will be interesting to see how Dumminy bats with the rest of the tail.

inbox24

International Debutant
Johnson has the rare ability to melt batsmen's minds. This is more valuable than Dale Steyn's outswinger.

Evermind

International Debutant
It's just so awful watching Johnson bowl. I don't care how effective he is - it looks terrible.

And yes, that Lee yorker earlier was a far, far better ball and deserved a wicket more.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The angle that he generates at his pace makes it difficult for players to score runs against him. He doesnt do anything special to take wickets, he pitches the ball outside off stump and it goes wider. Then when he gets really adventurous, he pitches the ball on off stump and bowls an off cutter which guess what? goes wider still. Sorry,how is this good bowling?
You've lost the plot TEC. Johnson is getting test wickets on a regular basis, often on dead tracks. How can you criticise him?

Fair enough people who say they don't enjoy watching him, cos I don't necessarily, but don't say he's not a good bowler.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Lee's to one dimensional as a bowler, always has been. When the pace isn't there and he isn't bowling it in the right place, he barely has any weapons. That is the reason his average is over 30.
I don't think that' the case, Lee was exceptional right through the last Aussie summer against some good teams, even in the Caribbean in unhelpful conditions he bowled brilliant marathon spells, but the huge difference then was he wasn't suffering from "speed gun love" like he is suffering from atm, he was bowling in 140's kmph region but more importantly he was swinging the ball consistently that's how he got all those 4 wicket hauls in every second innings during that period.