• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With regards to crowds, surely this is the boot up the arse CA and the various grounds need to lower ticket prices. I would love to go to all five days at the WACA, but absolutely not going to pay $26 a day (as a concession for ****'s sake) to sit on the hill. They are ridiculous prices and frankly the deserve the **** crowd they have today.
The prices have been high for a long time, though. Still reckon the lack of fun allowed at game plays a bigger part. Footy is similarly afflicted in this stateat least.

Hauritz with the big strike. Patience pays!

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
The prices have been high for a long time, though. Still reckon the lack of fun allowed at game plays a bigger part. Footy is similarly afflicted in this stateat least.

Hauritz with the big strike. Patience pays!
In what respect is footy still affected?

But yeah, the fun police they have at the cricket is very frustrating.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In what respect is footy still affected?
In this state, there's no smoking at AAMI Stadium and people get ejected for swearing or getting a little rambunctious. Completely unrelated (8-)), crowds at footballs games have steadily decreased. And appsrently people are puzzled. Port Power struggles for crowds without scaring people away......

But yeah, the fun police they have at the cricket is very frustrating.
Eliminate the bogans and you eliminate a fairly significant proportion of the crowd who want to pay money to see the game. I'm not just talking numbers, I'm talking about a fair chunk of people I know who now just tay home and watch the game (cricket and football) because, in their words, they can do what they like without security heavies getting in the way.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Why is this thread a lot less active than the England v South Africa one a few months ago?

Is it because Cricketweb is a very UK-heavy forum, or is cricket much bigger in England than in Australia (seems unlikely), a combination of the two, other factors?

pasag

RTDAS
Boxing Day 2008 vs SA - 63,000
Boxing Day 2007 vs India - 68,000
Boxing Day 2006 vs England - 89,000
Boxing Day 2005 vs SA - 71,000

Midwinter

State Captain
I won't be going to watch at the MCG in a hurry, the last 3 times the general admission seating was 4 stories up, enough to give you vertigo.

The amenities are good but unless the price for the better positioned seats comes down I won't be going.

tooextracool

International Coach
Theres nothing worse than seeing two poor bowlers take wickets. A spinner who doesnt turn the ball and a bowler that barely bowls on the stumps.