• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely loving the way Katich is batting right now. Taken the Steve Waugh approach; accumulate runs on the leg-side, leave the short and really wide stuff alone and if the ball gets anywhere near your zones outside off-stump, hit the bones out of it. It's an approach devoid of ego from a bloke totally in control of his game and I know it's been said to death but great to see from him considering what he's had to do just get back in the side again.

For mine, I think being NSW captain brought this on. Has had to adjust to being both the gun and the guiding light for the side and I reckon the responsibility has changed his game.

And Greig, Steyn isn't getting much swing not because there isn't any around but because Steyn is starting a foot and a half outside off-stump. No-one in the world can swing it back enough to make the batsman play when it starts that bloody wide!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's the end of a pretty weird knock from Haydos. Felt like he was chasing the ball a bit and although a good bit of bowling from Ntini, the shot was pretty average.

EDIT: Hayden seems to be back to his early days where he's looking for the boundary to take the pressure off. Seemed to be either blocking or trying to hit the cover off the ball. Best way to put yourself under pressure against these guys, I reckon. Easier said from the sidelines of course!

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hate SA but really because you're a bunch of racist ****s more than the captain of your cricket side.

Always liked Smithy tbh, when he was here last time and made those dickheadish statements then got owned, he really took it well. He still did 15 minute interviews for ABC radio and was really up front and honest about how he'd played, no no excuses, just truth.

Seemed like a really good bloke, reckon he'd be great to have a brew or two with.
He was good value when he had the microphone on during the 20/20 too, much better than Ponting.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, not sure about the hype. He seems a good bowler but nothing close to the ridiculous praise that everyone seems to lavish upon him. Why Ritchie loves him so much I'll never know.

Craig

World Traveller
Ponting is looking so good today. Going into this Test, it has been five Tests without a century, so it is a quiet spell for him (scoring centuries that is).