• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well now that I look at the England attack: they don't really have a world beater other than Flintoff. Flintoff = Lee (roughly, going by overall career and not current form) and they certainly don't have a Johnson within their ranks.
Yeah agree with this, England are pish. Freddie is still bizarre, bowled magnificently in the India series and still ended up with an average just under 30:huh:

Yet he's by far our best, I'm certainly not as enamoured with Sidebottom and Anderson as some.

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
Asif
Gul
Akhtar
Hahaha.

Those 3 have never played in a match together. Asif is out indefinitely, and Akhtar these days looks like he's loaded up on something funny. In any case, it's gonna be a miracle if the guy actually plays an entire series without breaking down physically or mentally.

Let's see 3 of them bowling well, drug-free, chuck-free and without injury in a match, and I'll concede.

grecian

Looking forward to this, even though I don't know which side I hate more....

I presume the weathers good and we should be getting a prompt start?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Looking forward to this, even though I don't know which side I hate more....

I presume the weathers good and we should be getting a prompt start?
Hate SA more.. Then that can make up for me hating Exeter City and you hating Plymouth Argyle.. There would be some sort of symmetry to that..

grecian

nah the oz hate goes back as long as the green slime hate, yet I'm oddly feeling sorry for ricky ponting, which is bizarre.

If it was on captains I'm certain which way it would go.

Langeveldt

Soutie
The English in me hates the Australians, and the South African in me hates the Australians. I have no idea how Tony Greig ended up there

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nah the oz hate goes back as long as the green slime hate, yet I'm oddly feeling sorry for ricky ponting, which is bizarre.

If it was on captains I'm certain which way it would go.
Why the Safferhate? One of my favourite teams around along with Sri Lanka tbh.

grecian

Why the Safferhate? One of my favourite teams around along with Sri Lanka tbh.
smith, for the most part, just think he's a twunt, I once wrote that abd-v was the only saffie player I liked, but then he screwed that up......

Don't mind Ashwell, but he's not that pleasant to watch, and kallis, smith and Amla are like getting my teeth drilled, watching-wise.

edit:what vimes said

Langeveldt

Soutie
I used to think the same about Smith, but he hasnt done anything bad for a couple of years now, only good stuff.. Having met him as well helped

Uppercut

I used to think the same about Smith, but he hasnt done anything bad for a couple of years now, only good stuff.. Having met him as well helped
What was he like in person?

Always quite liked Graeme Smith since he shoved wotsisname back in Nasser Hussain's smug face. Cricket's more fun with him around, although i reckon if he ever played against "my team" i'm sure i'd grow to hate him. Not having a particular team as such gives me different opinions on certain characters i guess.

Langeveldt

Soutie
What was he like in person?

Always quite liked Graeme Smith since he shoved wotsisname back in Nasser Hussain's smug face. Cricket's more fun with him around, although i reckon if he ever played against "my team" i'm sure i'd grow to hate him. Not having a particular team as such gives me different opinions on certain characters i guess.
Awesome, i first met him when I was watching a practice session in Jo'burg, I was taking photos and he asked for one from his camera of his mate and mates baby son.. Had a quick chat about cameras and he seemed to have a fair bit of time for your average fan.. The teams also head off to my local nightclub after an ODI in Port Elizabeth, so thats always a fantastic event, everyone wears green and it gets fairly messy.. Didnt chat much but raised him a beer.. He seemed very comfortable with the attention without coming of at all as a ****, which is probably what he would have been like when he first started.. I've had a few words with Andre Nel who is absolutely nothing like his **** persona on a cricket field

Uppercut

Awesome, i first met him when I was watching a practice session in Jo'burg, I was taking photos and he asked for one from his camera of his mate and mates baby son.. Had a quick chat about cameras and he seemed to have a fair bit of time for your average fan.. The teams also head off to my local nightclub after an ODI in Port Elizabeth, so thats always a fantastic event, everyone wears green and it gets fairly messy.. Didnt chat much but raised him a beer.. He seemed very comfortable with the attention without coming of at all as a ****, which is probably what he would have been like when he first started.. I've had a few words with Andre Nel who is absolutely nothing like his **** persona on a cricket field
:laugh: Yeah i've heard that about Nel before. They say he's two people, Gunter the crazed mountain man who bowls and Andre the softly-spoken chap everywhere else. The closest I've got to a cricketer is seeing Kyle McCallan at the airport, who's a PE teacher at a school not far from here. Not that fame would have a chance to go to his head.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I hate SA but really because you're a bunch of racist ****s more than the captain of your cricket side.

Always liked Smithy tbh, when he was here last time and made those dickheadish statements then got owned, he really took it well. He still did 15 minute interviews for ABC radio and was really up front and honest about how he'd played, no no excuses, just truth.

Seemed like a really good bloke, reckon he'd be great to have a brew or two with.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chick singing South Africa's national anthem has some epic hair.

EDIT:

Wow Eddie Perfect's aka "Shane Warne" hair ain't no better :dry:

Craig

World Traveller
:laugh: Yeah i've heard that about Nel before. They say he's two people, Gunter the crazed mountain man who bowls and Andre the softly-spoken chap everywhere else. The closest I've got to a cricketer is seeing Kyle McCallan at the airport, who's a PE teacher at a school not far from here. Not that fame would have a chance to go to his head.
I once saw Steve Waugh at Brisbane Domestic Airport, never spoke to him (I was waiting to board the plane and he was exiting).

Random post.