• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

R_D

International Debutant
Congrats to South Africa... didn't think they'd be able to do it but well done.
Next match should be exciting as well.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with all you are saying, but the thing is selectors better stop using their instincts and start rewarding blokes with national call-up' who have been working their backsides off in domestic cricket with good success, likes of Noffke, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus all should have been ahead of Siddle in the pecking order for selection regardless of how highly selectors or Ponting might have rated him..
Given how dead this pitch has played AGAINN (whats really happened to Perth??), don't think Noffke & Hilfenhaus especially would have done better than Siddle.

What the selectors obviously need to do for the remainder of the seriesm with Clark on what we can say for sure will be docile decks at the MCG & SCG as well is decide what the best balanced attack will be to get 20 South African wickets. It really is a HUGE issue.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
TBF, I don't really see the point in playing a spinner if he just isn't upto scratch. Shane Watson would have been much better for this test. Clarke and Symonds can fill the Krezja role together.

pup11

International Coach
Nah this is bull****. There was 18 wickets in the first two days, remember?

It's not been an extremely lively wicket but it's produced a great test and produced a good result. Like I've said before, wickets in Australia always get flatter as the match goes on. Bowling first in Aus isn't such a bad idea IMO, unless it's Adelaide.
A lot of piss poor shots from the Aussies and a dream spell from Mitch led to all those wickets falling otherwise there wasn't much in the wicket.

Anyways this has to be one of my worst moments as an Aussie fan, but kudos to the Proteas and all credit to them for a job well done, but still feeling pretty down atm.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nice scenes, and emotion from the South Africans.

Also nice to see Lee first to Duminy giving him an affectionate head rub.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I know all the Australian top 6 deserve to be there, but I really think having a fifth bowler is something they need to think about. Especially with Haddin on form and a really very good tail.

Bees

U19 12th Man
Don't worry pup, the Aussies are never down, it was a great run chase but really it was much closer than the result suggests.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well AB De Villiers is awesome. Now we know. Match-winner in the field, match-winner with the bat.

pup11

International Coach
TBF, I don't really see the point in playing a spinner if he just isn't upto scratch. Shane Watson would have been much better for this test. Clarke and Symonds can fill the Krezja role together.
Damn those overrates....

Redbacks

International Captain
AB with a brilliant innings. Perhaps Kallis' little flurry last night was a turning point in the match. Took the initiative away from Aus, and left Ponting doubting anyone other than Johnson or Lee could do the damage. Should be a craker game in Melbourne, AB with the kind of innings we are all waiting for M Clarke to play before he can lay claim to the next skipper of his country.

Great advertisement for Test cricket, except in Australia :p

Craig

World Traveller
If no-one else has yet, I'd like to formally cuss out Smitteh for this appalling effort re: Graeme Smith

That's said, I dare say, even with Siddle and Krejza in the team, this score should be safe. :ph34r:
:laugh:

Awesome stuff from AB and Duminy, really awesome. Cricket is the winner today and I felt honoured to see such a performance.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed, againts South Africa at least don't think Krejza can play as part of a 4-man attack. Gotta be a 5-man attack.

Don't think Watson is the right replacement either, don't think his bowling although improving is good enough to be a considered a quality wicket-taking option againts South Africa.

Outside of Lee & Johnson, the next two options need to be different. So for me Noffke should be challenging Siddle for his place & a actual swing bowler like Hilfenhaus gives the attack good variety.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Watch Binger after lunch. He will bowl his heart out. He did it before. He will do it again. And Mitchell bareteeth Johnson will push them over the edge. :dry: 8-) :laugh:
Kresha is such a joke bowler. And Pontin is persisisting with him. :wacko:

Bring in Bringa.
:dry:

:@
Had Hayden been not given out, by the stupid umpire., Australia would be sitting on a comfu couch now.
You were wathcing different game I think. Mr. Prince eWs.

Kiwiinijnja should be jokinh. Doominy is not even a pale shadow of Hyaden.
Dear CW members,

I'd just like to point out that susudear is not representative of the education standards in Otago. Clearly he's from some inbred backwater like Tapanui or Dunback.