• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This should be a thriller tomorrow. I think this match has had it all over the Chennai test, at least in terms of the quality of the match.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
187 to win in 90 overs tomorrow for the Proteas, and all of sudden that really doesn't seem like that daunting a task, does it....:unsure:
Deceptive, which is what the Aussies will be playing for, that SA think they've got it in th bag.

That said, the SA final 4 can't bat so it relies on the two at the crease, a debutant and the WK to do the job for them so wont be easy.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon if these two get the target to under a hundred, it's their game. The tail isn't that strong though, and Duminy is on debut which is also tough. I'd therefore say it's in Australia's favour at the moment, but full credit to SA for the way they've given it a shot.

pup11

International Coach
Deceptive, which is what the Aussies will be playing for, that SA think they've got it in th bag.

That said, the SA final 4 can't bat so it relies on the two at the crease, a debutant and the WK to do the job for them so wont be easy.
Well the problem is Siddle and Krejza don't look like picking any wickets and on top of that they are also leaking runs at a fair clip, so therefore everything rests on the shoulders of Lee and Johnson, and if they don't do considerable damage in their opening spells tomorrow then i think it would be pretty much a walk in the park for the South Africans from there on in, so i am sure Ponting won't be sleeping easy tonight.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Another interesting conundrum for Ponting is what to do about the new ball. It's 16 overs away, so does he hold Lee and Johnson back till it arrives and risk letting Kallis and AB get their eyes in, or does he bank it all on a first up attack and risk being left with inferior resources to exploit the new cherry?

R_D

International Debutant
Should be great day of test cricket tomorrow either way...
I can see Australia winning this by 40 or 50 runs.. going to be good to watch :D
Finally i'll get a full day to watch as well.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Another interesting conundrum for Ponting is what to do about the new ball. It's 16 overs away, so does he hold Lee and Johnson back till it arrives and risk letting Kallis and AB get their eyes in, or does he bank it all on a first up attack and risk being left with inferior resources to exploit the new cherry?
I reckon just go for it. If they get a couple of wickets straight up it's pretty much game over. Why allow them a chance to gain momentum?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
All well and good, except in the first dig his elbow was giving him so much grief that he couldn't hit it off the square.
If no-one else has yet, I'd like to formally cuss out Smitteh for this appalling effort re: Graeme Smith

That's said, I dare say, even with Siddle and Krejza in the team, this score should be safe. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
If no-one else has yet, I'd like to formally cuss out Smitteh for this appalling effort re: Graeme Smith

That's said, I dare say, even with Siddle and Krejza in the team, this score should be safe.
Will come back to haunt you IMO.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Well I never said he wouldn't score (in fact I hoped he would, I enjoy watching him) but with the way he was struggling in the first innings (and early on in the second) it ws a fair prediction AFAIC.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Nah man, you jinxed us! :p

(The jinx is the basis of my complaint, not whether it was a fair enough prediction - hence my joke re: Siddle and Krejza - I think SA are 60/40 faves at the moment).

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah man, you jinxed us! :p

(The jinx is the basis of my complaint, not whether it was a fair enough prediction - hence my joke re: Siddle and Krejza - I think SA are 60/40 faves at the moment).
i'd go 60/40 the other way on the basis of runs on the board etc...

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, you gotta love those runs on the board.

If Kallis and AB get through the first burst of the new ball, I'd say SA have got this won. If the Aussies get two wickets either early tomorrow morning, or when the new ball arrives, then they should win. I suspect it might end up rather close - if Boucher or Kallis remain in til the end, you'd back SA.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
gut feeling is that for sa to win kallis has gotta be there at the end or near enough as makes no difference... if he falls at any stage tommorow i'd back australia...