• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

pup11

International Coach
if you can't defend 414 then you deserve to be lathered.
The pitch has been flat through the game and with the ease with which the South Africans are scoring on a day 5 pitch goes on to show that it has got nothing in it for the bowlers, so 414 of 150 odd overs always gave the chasing side a real chance, but that doesn't take away any credit from the South Africans for the way they have batted chasing this target has been tremendous.

Craig

World Traveller
1/95 in the session upto Lunch, I guess it would not be too bad for South Africa? I mean obviously they would like to still have Kallis out there, but at least Duimny has shown some fight.

Do South Africa dare to dream?

pup11

International Coach
Just 92 more runs required for the Proteas, and an inspired bowling effort from Johnson and Lee after the post lunch session is the only real hope left for the Aussies now, but chances of something like that happening are really bleak, so its all but over me thinks.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Regardless of the end result. This innings clearly shows Australia NEEDS to have 5secure bowling options. But i can't see who can be dropped to make this option possible ATM.

Currently though, definately worried about how much gas Johnson has in the tank.

Redbacks

International Captain
Australia's hope lie in the bowling of Johnson. Maybe Kejza can hit the rough and get a wicket to turn the match also

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Yikes it's been tense. The second new ball has been seen off. It's just sensible cricket from here on out for SA.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I wouldn't right the Aussies off yet. Two quick wickets after lunch and they're right back in it. Especially considering South Africa's long tail. It's far from over.

pup11

International Coach
Questions have to be asked of a captain that can not defend 400 on more than one occassion.

Siddle is leaking runs.
Well it would be a bit embarrassing for Ponting to be the captain who failed to defend 400+ targets twice (or thrice if you want to count the 434 game) in his tenure, but it just has to understood that you just can't give almost two days to the chasing side to chase such a target, especially if the pitch is as flat as it happened to be on both occasions this feat has been achieved against his side.

Days of Grace

International Captain
The question is not who will win, but when South Africa will choke.

We all know Australia will win, if I were you I would stop humoring yourselves and get back to the reality of the situation.