• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Rahul can't make this count it should be endgame for him. Should've been before this match but this is just nasty to watch. Reckon I'd garner more enjoyment out of repeatedly hiting myself in the face with a cricket bat than seeing him pretend to be a Test cricketer.

chalky

International Debutant
Anyone else see the footage of the police dog molesting Bumble so funny. So good at how Bumble was able to laugh at himself also you can see he really does enjoy his job & touring.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
So was Harmison dropped or injured?

Looking at cricinfo's commentry for the innings, England should have taken more than one wicket, and probably needed to whilst conditions are as they are. Shocking first over from Panesar, btw.

chalky

International Debutant
England bowled well could easily have had Dravid, who still looks in no sort of form, a couple of times. Ghambir, after a shaky start, looks good though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Poor captaincy to bowl Panesar straight after lunch in these conditions. They're almost trying to play Dravid back into form.

pup11

International Coach
I seriously don't understand why England would play two spinners again and especially on track like this where there was ample help for their quickies, MSP has been out of touch and there is no reason he should have be playing, so AFAIC England have made bit of mistake here.

EDIT: Would be very happy if Dravid scores some runs here, always have been a fan of his and good to see him slowly but surely getting back into some sort of form.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
I seriously don't understand why England would play two spinners again and especially on track like this where there was ample help for their quickies, MSP has been out of touch and there is no reason he should have be playing, so AFAIC England have made bit of mistake here.

EDIT: Would be very happy if Dravid scores some runs here, always have been a fan of his and good to see him slowly but surely getting back into some sort of form.
Let me get this right Panesar who has had 1 bad game should be dropped because he is out of form, but you think Dravid who has a couple of bad years can get himself back into form so should play ? :unsure:

chalky

International Debutant
Broad given a warning for running on the pitch shades of Sri Lanka where Broad was warned twice.

India looking comfortable, just seen off Flintoff from the attack England need some inspiration from someone else for a change.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I see. Was it "clearly out" or just "might on some days have been given"?

And seriously, WTF are they playing two spinners on this deck for? :blink: Has it seamed less than it should all game?