• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Reminds me of the game at Leeds in 2002. That was supposed to be a tricky wicket, & Sehwag went cheaply there, too. Cue a huge partnership between Dravid and another unheralded opener, which allowed the middle order to cash in big time. India made over 600 and won either by an inning sor something very close to that.
Haha, Sanjay Bangar's finest hour.

At least Gambhir is a bit more heralded than Bangar though - he's an opener with an average in Indian cricket of over 50, rather than 38 or 39 or whatever Bangar's was.

Dravid at that time was at the very top of his game though. If he repeats his innings there it'll be of a totally different time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think they are simply playing for time here... and England are too happy to put men back and enjoy the slow progress. Just can't work out why they are not even trying the nudges..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, given that it seems play is going to be called-off before too long I don't suppose it matters all that much.

Damn fog.

masterblaster

International Captain
Dull or not, that was a top performance by Gambhir and Dravid. Gambhir is a world class player at the moment and I have no hesitation in calling him one of India's best batsmen on current form.

He has a huge future and is one of the more promising opening batsman India hs produced in recent times. Rahul Dravid fought like a champion today and played a terrific innings. The man still has the concentration and stamina that is required at this level. Great partnership after the early dismissal of Sehwag.

biased indian

International Coach
hope we can press on the advantage and score some where around 4 -4.5 runs per over

tomorrow and take the score above 500.....this pitch will definitely assist spinners on day four and five and ya we will lose close to 10-15 overs every day also

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Panesar out.

Never mind picking Broad so he can bolster the lower order, it only needs strengthening because of the dead weight at 11. I swear to god if Panesar makes the side against WI we're stuck with him costing us series against the big teams for years to come.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Its was obvious today Monty made a conscious effort to bowl a bit slower with more flight.

But the weird thing is that he looked weird & uncomfortable at it. Monty reminds me of being Old trafford nets (pre 6th form days) seeing my under 19spin-bowlers bowling at a top-class player like Flintoff, Hodge, Law i.e afraid to flight to ball because batsmen at that level are like lightning on their feet againts flights unless you have mastered the ability to get drop on the ball, so inevitably you are going to get wacked.

Looking at Monty these days i fear he has trained himself to bowl this way & i don't think we can concievably expect him to get better.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
damn Dravid made 65 of 205 deliveries... suppose if it was someone else such as Sehwag, Yuvraj, rohit sharma, surish raina or some other young cricketer they would make more than twice of those runs.. i am glad i wasn't watching in t.v.

krkode

State Captain
damn Dravid made 65 of 205 deliveries... suppose if it was someone else such as Sehwag, Yuvraj, rohit sharma, surish raina or some other young cricketer they would make more than twice of those runs.. i am glad i wasn't watching in t.v.
Yes, and if Yuvraj, Sharma or Raina had been out of form for ~2 years they would've disappeared from international cricket forever. Something to be said for a man who can command a spot in arguably the best batting lineup in the world despite that. It's good you weren't watching because you probably would've been bored, but test cricket is hardly about being entertaining 24/7. Dravid may be at the end of his career, but his kind of player will be sorely missed if all we have replacing him are Yuvrajes, Sharmas and Rainas.

masterblaster

International Captain
Yes, and if Yuvraj, Sharma or Raina had been out of form for ~2 years they would've disappeared from international cricket forever. Something to be said for a man who can command a spot in arguably the best batting lineup in the world despite that. It's good you weren't watching because you probably would've been bored, but test cricket is hardly about being entertaining 24/7. Dravid may be at the end of his career, but his kind of player will be sorely missed if all we have replacing him are Yuvrajes, Sharmas and Rainas.
Agree with this completely.

Well said.

Evermind

International Debutant
I really hope that once Dravid gets his century, he either gets out or starts hitting everything out of the park. It's so bloody dull to watch, this thing.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Run rate seems to have picked up a bit today though. Still don't mind the game. Love watching Dravid play though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Very good century. Hopefully, he'll keep scoring runs now. I didn't think he deserved his spot for the past couple series, but I am very happy to be wrong. Excellent stuff.