• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Natman20

International Debutant
Haha predictable. The selections have been shocking over the years and it hasn't changed even with the new management etc. Gillespie will again do the same as before and time again be selected. Have the selectors no brains? Mills who looked semi-promising vs. the always expensive pie thrower Gillespie. .... argh. Thats my fustration out I think. Now he'll probably take a five-for and get selected for another 5 expensive tests until he gets another 5 for.

EDIT: You lied haha. Good joke. I am thankful that this is not the actual case.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Any predictions on the stumps score?

I haven't looked at the pitch but will go for 5-264.

Sarwan 102*

Langeveldt

Soutie
It's the aforementioned 12 1/2 hours straight cricket day and i'm booking in too for the long haul. Should be gun but i'll doze off at some point for sure.
Good to see, to be honest I'm enjoying the NZ stuff most of all.. I get tense watching SA and Aus, and we're on a hiding to nothing down there, and England v India doesn't interest me.. Deffo looking forward to this NZ test

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It always reminds me of Port Elizabeth.. Weatherwise too, usually quite windy.. I'd love to go there and watch cricket but by the looks of it I'd be the only one there!
It's great for an ODI. The embankment rocks.
I've seen about 5-6 ODI's there over the years.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just some other statistics for the days play..

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,419
User Name Posts
Athlai 220
Bahnz 85
Flem274* 77
Polo23 72
NZTailender 63
roseboy64 61
Matt52 58
KiWiNiNjA 52
_Ed_ 51
JimmyGS 45
Somerset 42
Langeveldt 35
Atreyu 33
Craig 32
Jigga988 31
S.P. Fleming 31
TT Boy 27
Precambrian 27
Leslie1 25
Voltman 25
Days of Grace 23
Prince EWS 23
GGG 22
Uppercut 21
Woodster 19
Natman20 18
zinzan12 17
99* 16
James 15
NUFAN 13
Nutter 10
completeNZer 9
analyst 9
dontcloseyoureyes 8

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Do you have our equivalent of "Castle Corner" (IE an outdoor grass bank bar where everyone gets drunk)
The last couple of times I have gone, I have been in the stand with my Dad, unfortunately.
Can't really remember the bar situation on the embankment. I was always a good boy at the cricket, only having a few beers. :)

Maybe just a beer tent.