• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Franlin will play as hes had an intense training session, taking Tim McIntosh on the helmet, definate starter. Taylor sat out training but should be able to bat, main concern is fielding and catching, they might just take him out of the slip cordon.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
So, surely it's unlikely for NZ to change their team, unless Jeet comes in for Gillespie, but there wouldn't be much point in already dropping gillespie, even though he is a rather large pile of poop.

Fancy the Windies for this one

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Actually, now thinking about it, Jeet should probobly play, I dont know how the pitch is in Napier, maybe a couple New Zealenders could help me out but the Windies current line up is absolutely pathetic at playing spin bar Chanders and Sarwan. Thats why Vettori rolled through them and as did Monty when we went to England. I think Patel could be dangerous if the wicket has any sort of turn in it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, now thinking about it, Jeet should probobly play, I dont know how the pitch is in Napier, maybe a couple New Zealenders could help me out but the Windies current line up is absolutely pathetic at playing spin bar Chanders and Sarwan.
Think their weakness to spin is overstated, and by that i mean they're no weaker against it than they are against pace. Murali taking 1-92 on a fifth-day pitch isn't something that happens often, and even if it was reliant on the Sarwan-Chanderpaul show, i challenge you to find a quality West Indian innings from the past two years that wasn't.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Actually, now thinking about it, Jeet should probobly play, I dont know how the pitch is in Napier, maybe a couple New Zealenders could help me out but the Windies current line up is absolutely pathetic at playing spin bar Chanders and Sarwan. Thats why Vettori rolled through them and as did Monty when we went to England. I think Patel could be dangerous if the wicket has any sort of turn in it.
The pitch is an absolute belter, a score of 400+ is crucial for both sides batting first. If I remember correctly there is a bit for the spinners but not enough to play Patel.
Mark Gillespie is an utter load of ****, he has a bit of pace but no bounce and where the ball goes after he releases it is a complete lottery.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Think their weakness to spin is overstated, and by that i mean they're no weaker against it than they are against pace. Murali taking 1-92 on a fifth-day pitch isn't something that happens often, and even if it was reliant on the Sarwan-Chanderpaul show, i challenge you to find a quality West Indian innings from the past two years that wasn't.
lol, Murali did have an average series, not sure what the figures were, couldn't be bothered to check, but that i think was just an anomoly, and besides at stages he had our batsman absolutely bamboozled, I remember in the first innings of one of the test matches he bowled a spell at Bravo where Bravo didn't have a clue - and he is supposed to be one of the best players of spin in our team, bar chandy and ronnie.

Fact is, anywhere where Monty can come take 27 wickets or something ridiculous like that in a 4 test series generally means that that team can not play spin. Furthermore, you must agree to the fact that Windies at least look better and more fluent and at home facing pace rather than spin.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch is an absolute belter, a score of 400+ is crucial for both sides batting first. If I remember correctly there is a bit for the spinners but not enough to play Patel.
Are you sure about that? The scores from the two domestic matches played there this season haven't been that great.

http://scoring.blackcaps.co.nz/livescoring/match411/scorecard.aspx
http://scoring.blackcaps.co.nz/livescoring/match428/scorecard.aspx

Admittedly that may be down to november rain, but unless you've actually heard something about the state of the pitch, I wouldn't bank on it being a belter just because it usually has been in the past.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Admittedly that may be down to november rain, but unless you've actually heard something about the state of the pitch, I wouldn't bank on it being a belter just because it usually has been in the past.
Listening to overblown, overwrought Guns 'n' Roses tunes would put me off my batting pretty much too.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
lol, Murali did have an average series, not sure what the figures were, couldn't be bothered to check, but that i think was just an anomoly, and besides at stages he had our batsman absolutely bamboozled, I remember in the first innings of one of the test matches he bowled a spell at Bravo where Bravo didn't have a clue - and he is supposed to be one of the best players of spin in our team, bar chandy and ronnie.

Fact is, anywhere where Monty can come take 27 wickets or something ridiculous like that in a 4 test series generally means that that team can not play spin. Furthermore, you must agree to the fact that Windies at least look better and more fluent and at home facing pace rather than spin.
Gayle competent against spin TBH.

Flem274*

123/5
Apparently Patel will play and the only selection issue is Millso r Gillespie for the last spot. Hmmm, lets think really deeply...

Backing this team to walk out tommorrow for NZ.

Howitzer
McIntosh
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
McCullum
Franklin
Vettori
Mills
Patel
O'Brien

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Apparently Patel will play and the only selection issue is Millso r Gillespie for the last spot. Hmmm, lets think really deeply...

Backing this team to walk out tommorrow for NZ.

Howitzer
McIntosh
Flynn
Taylor
Ryder
McCullum
Franklin
Vettori
Mills
Patel
O'Brien
Yeah, I think that's the better lineup since they are going with 2 spinners, but I can still see them playing GillesPIE.

Vettori to win the toss, because he is a legendery tosser, bat first, and I wanna see How in triple figures around tea time.

Flem274*

123/5
If Patel gets selected ahead of Mills I will go insane tbh
You're not already?

Yeah, I think that's the better lineup since they are going with 2 spinners, but I can still see them playing GillesPIE.

Vettori to win the toss, because he is a legendery tosser, bat first, and I wanna see How in triple figures around tea time.
Thats a bitn asty.

Feel sorry for Gillespie, still hope though, I remember the last Wellington bowler I said would never make an international cricketer....

And no it wasn't Dwayne Bowden.