• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

thierry henry

International Coach
England are the really the only unbiased commentators for the most part (some exceptions).

Let's face it, most commentators will by biased to their own nation. Tony to RSA, Lawry to Australia, Gavaskar to anyone who isn't Australian, etc. I like it - as long as they are educated on the opposition (which most channel nine commentators generally aren't), a bit of bias actually puts some passion into a broadcast.
tbh generally find the Pomgolians, in pretty much every sport, to be the most condescending of all

JBH001

International Regular
I'm an Aussie-bashing Kiwi and I love Lawry because imo he is not biased
I agree. I like Lawry's willingess to praise opposition players and perfomances.

The other aspect, of course, is his undoubted enthusiasm which shines through.

I do agree too, that Kiwi commentators are almost as bad as Aussie commentators. The only difference is that Kiwi commentators dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to parochial commentary. At least the Aussie commentators can justify their one-eyed stance in backing their team and players.

Also, what is with the slow scoring rate? Thought it was a belter of a pitch. Is the Aus bowling that good or are SA getting bogged down?

inbox24

International Debutant
Think Krejza needs a delivery that doesn't turn in for more variation. Can you do that for us please Jason?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Think Krejza needs a delivery that doesn't turn in for more variation. Can you do that for us please Jason?
Has an arm ball, had already bowled it. Would rather him bowl amazingly consistent like this than be smacked bowling variations.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Loving that Krejza actually has a few supporters other than me these days. I was feeling pretty lonely after that tour game in India. :p

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tbh generally find the Pomgolians, in pretty much every sport, to be the most condescending of all
Their football commentators are horrific, makes them impossible to watch. In cricket they're not blind, but they do have a tendency to overrate England- see the fawning over Stuart Broad- but in general they're not so bad, the Aussies are definitely worse.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think he's biased per say, I just can't stand the fact that he constantly whinges about scoring rates in Test matches. Not every batsman's game is to go out there and score at a strike rate of 60 from the outset, particularly against good new ball bowling, and those who don't aren't lesser players as a result. I'd expect Bill Lawry of all people to realise that.
This. What's wrong with seeing off the new ball at the WACA when Lee's bowling it on a shoebox? Then when McKenzie plays a shot and gets out he says it was because he didn't play enough shots. Tosser.