• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
8-)

Best thing about Hawkeye is that batsmen realise that they can't just lunge forward and think that they're not out. Smith very lucky.

Pace bowler hits a batsman on that spot, he's out every time. But because it's a spinner, "Good decision."
Yeah I was up off the seat, would've given it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
8-)

Best thing about Hawkeye is that batsmen realise that they can't just lunge forward and think that they're not out. Smith very lucky.

Pace bowler hits a batsman on that spot, he's out every time. But because it's a spinner, "Good decision."
Can't wait till referrals are the norm. Would bring spin right back in it.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussie comm's should be more like the Kiwi ones, especially Mark Richardson.

I'm all for bashing these comm's because they're ****, but the Kiwi ones are just as bad IMO.
Don't care how bad they are, no-one approaches Paul Allott for unfettered BS. Healy fast catching up, though.

Where's Blewwy? He was an awesome commentator.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

I'm all for bashing these comm's because they're ****, but the Kiwi ones are just as bad IMO.
England are the really the only unbiased commentators for the most part (some exceptions).

Let's face it, most commentators will by biased to their own nation. Tony to RSA, Lawry to Australia, Gavaskar to anyone who isn't Australian, etc. I like it - as long as they are educated on the opposition (which most channel nine commentators generally aren't), a bit of bias actually puts some passion into a broadcast.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm an Aussie-bashing Kiwi and I love Lawry because imo he is not biased
I don't think he's biased per say, I just can't stand the fact that he constantly whinges about scoring rates in Test matches. Not every batsman's game is to go out there and score at a strike rate of 60 from the outset, particularly against good new ball bowling, and those who don't aren't lesser players as a result. I'd expect Bill Lawry of all people to realise that.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Listening to JL on the ABC yesterday was fricking awesome, so much better than any of the crap Ch9 serves up.

thierry henry

International Coach

meh, I don't hate them so much tbh.

Richardson is okish (a lot of Kiwis actually seem to really respect his opinion, but not me so much), his biggest problem imo is that he was playing so recently, he will start dropping his personal disdain for certain Aussie players etc into the commentary

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Listening to JL on the ABC yesterday was fricking awesome, so much better than any of the crap Ch9 serves up.
He does always sound like he's being penetrated by something, though. Still provides good insight for the most part. And he's a WA boy. :cool: