• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harris looks massively improved from the tour of England. Was getting excellent drift there.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Australia 5/185 and all out tomorrow about 270/280
Hey what does everyone reckon of my prediction.. just got the timing wrong that's all..

Question is can Australia crawl their way to 280+? Wouldn't think that the odds are that great..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty big chance for Haddin here if he can make a score. Coupled with his performance in the last test, would cement a spot in the side for him for a long time, and put any doubts about his ability to bed for a while.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Pretty big chance for Haddin here if he can make a score. Coupled with his performance in the last test, would cement a spot in the side for him for a long time, and put any doubts about his ability to bed for a while.
Buckleys.. the guy can only score against Sheffield Shield quality attacks

Zinzan

Gotta love games from Perth, I get home 3 hours late from work (8pm NZ time) & still get to watch a whole session:)

Wickets certainly seem to falling be in clumps.

How did Steyn bowl early on?

Uppercut

Gotta love games from Perth, I get home 3 hours late from work (8pm NZ time) & still get to watch a whole session:)

Wayward all morning then great to Hussey for seven balls. Bizarrely.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody hell Symonds gets to face Kallis early on. Talk about a soft entrance, get Mork and Steyn in on him.

Craig

World Traveller
In what ways is Fox Sports coverage of cricket is rubbish (that is how I read pasag's and PEWS' posts)?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have no issue with Fox's coverage. Love the active and wall to wall broadcasting.

Ernest

U19 12th Man

Too short.. into the wind so we didn't see any excessive pace..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You forget about Ronchi
No, he just recognises the fact that he's vastly over-rated. Haddin may or may not be only able to score big runs against Sheffield Shield attacks, but Ronchi can't even do that - he's only averaging 21 this season in the Shield and only averaged mid-30s last season to Haddin's low-fifties anyway.

I had pretty much no doubt at all that had Ronchi been picked ahead of Haddin when Gilchrist retired, he'd be averaging 20 odd and you'd be in here whinging and moaning about how Haddin should be in the team.

The grass isn't always greener and you have to check your figures before you call for everyone's heads.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
No, he just recognises the fact that he's vastly over-rated. Haddin may or may not be only able to score big runs against Sheffield Shield attacks, but Ronchi can't even do that - he's only averaging 21 this season in the Shield and only averaged mid-30s last season to Haddin's low-fifties anyway.

I had pretty much no doubt at all that had Ronchi been picked ahead of Haddin when Gilchrist retired, he'd be averaging 20 odd and you'd be in here whinging and moaning about how Haddin should be in the team.

The grass isn't always greener and you have to check your figures before you call for everyone's heads.
I'm only going on his last international innings..

And take Haddins big ton against a VERY average kiwi attack and what is he averaging?

I don't agree with trying to find the new Gilchrist but Haddin to me is p*** weak. That last great pull-shot besides.

In India he looked like a batsmans a-hole