• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** CW Betting Game

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Can I do a $50 bet on South Africa to win the first test at $3.25 multi-ing into West Indies to win the second test at $3.25? ie. $50 to return $528?

Otherwise, I'll just have $50 on each of those bets separately.
I'd imagine multi-bets are allowed - thats an excellent return for two results that are certainly possible.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm putting $60 on Ricky Ponting to score more runs that Graeme Smith in the first Test.

RT Ponting 1.72
GC Smith 2.00

$60 x $1.72 = $103.20
I'm also placing $40 on VVS Laxman to score more runs than Ian Bell in the first innings of the second Test paying $1.83.

$40 x $1.83 = $73.20

So $100 in total - potential winnings $176.40.

Steulen

International Regular
$50 on a South Africa win in the 1st Test
$50 on a draw in the 2nd Test between India and England
$25 on Gambhir topscoring in Ind 1st innings (2nd Test)
$25 on Cook topscoring in Eng 1st inning (2nd Test)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
$25 each on Johnson and Clark as leading Australian bowler against South Africa (both at $2.62 or 13/8)
$30 on the draw at Perth at $3.75 (or 11/4)
$10 on Flynn as top scorer for New Zealand at $5
$15 on Sarwan to score more runs than Taylor at $1.83

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Update:

Woodster

Simon- $100 on SA to have a higher opening partnership at 2.00; $50 Double on Hayden to outscore Ponting (1st innings) and Smith to outscore Kallis (1st innings) @ 3.27; $50 on SA and Australia to draw @ 3.75

Flem274*

NUFAN $60 dollars on Ponting to outscore Smith (1st innings) @ 1.72, $40 on VVS Laxman to outscore Ian Bell (1st innings) @ 1.83 (had to check the odds for that second one btw, could not believe that price)

Samuel Vimes (correct me if i'm wrong here) $25 on Johnson to take most wickets for Aus in the first test @ 2.62, $25 on Lee to take most wickets for Aus in the first test @ 2.62, $30 on Austalia and South Africa to draw the first test @ 3.75, $10 on Flynn to topscore for NZ (first innings) @ 5.00, $15 on Sarwan to outscore Taylor (1st innings)@ 1.83

G.I. Joe

Athlai

morgieb

Silentstriker $50 on Australia winning the first test @ 2.00, $50 on Australia winning the series @ 1.80

99*- $10 on Australia to win the toss @ 1.90; $50 on Smith to outscore Ponting in the first test @2.00; $40 on Morkel to be SA's leading wicket taker for the series @ 3.75/

Somerset

Voltman $50 double on SA to win the first test+West Indies to win the second test @ 10.5625

biased indian $70 on Australia to win the first test @ 2.00, $60 on SA to win the first test @ 3.25, $50 on India to win the series @ 1.05

Precambrian $50 on the Australia-SA series to be drawn @ ; $50 on Smith outscoring Ponting (1st test, 1st innings unless otherwise specified)

HeathDavisSpeed $50 on India to win the test series @ 1.05; $50 on NZ to have a first innings lead @ 1.61

zinzan12

Steulen- $50 on South Africa to win the first test @ 3.25, $50 on India and England to draw the second test @ 2.00, $25 on Gambhir to top score for India (1st innings) @ 4.50, $25 on Cook to top score for England (1st innings) @ 5.00

Goughy - $50 on Oz to beat SA @ 2.00

Jungle Jumbo - $20 on Laxman to top score for India in the first innings at 7.00
$20 on India to win 2nd Test at 2.10
$20 on McKenzie to top score for South Africa in the first innings at 5.50
$15 on Boucher to top score for South Africa in the first innings at 17.00

GeraintIsMyHero £100 on Australia to win the first test @ 2.00

pasag- $50 on SA to win the toss tomorrow @ 1.90

P.S. Could people please try to list the odds, especially if you're betting on something other than a match/seres outcome or toss (which is always 1.9)? It makes things more difficult to keep on top of if i have to check the prices on batsman matches or top scorers.

Also if anyone else wants to join, you can at any time without being at any disadvantage.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
$20 on Laxman to top score for India in the first innings at 7.00
$20 on India to win 2nd Test at 2.10
$20 on McKenzie to top score for South Africa in the first innings at 5.50
$15 on Boucher to top score for South Africa in the first innings at 17.00

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
$10 on Brett Lee being Aus top scorer in 1st innings 66/1
$10 on Watson being Aus top scorer in 1st innings 12/1

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uppercut, how much money do we actually have to play with? Is it $200?
$200, with $200 more added each Wednesday for three weeks starting next week (the purpose of which is to give people a means to stay involved if they lose everything in week one). So if you see no value this week, you can save it for something better later on. At the end of the four weeks i'll take $800 off everyone's balance and we'll see who's made a profit and who's made a loss. Hell, if you wanted to, you could just not make any bets. You'd probably do better than most people :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can guarantee that I will lose everything

II will stick my other 100 on later in the week one thinks, or maybe tonight