• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Unofficial*** CW Betting Game

99*

International Debutant
$10 on Australia to win the toss (First test). $10 @ 1.90 = $19

And $50 on G. Smith to outscore R. Ponting (First test). $50 @ 2.00 = $100

$40 on M. Morkel to be leading SA bowler (Series). $40 @ 3.75 = $150

Total at risk = $100

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Under Batsmans matches
RT Ponting 1.80 Bet
ML Hayden 1.90 Bet
----
GC Smith 1.72 Bet
JH Kallis 2.00 Bet

Hayden 1.9 x Smith 1.72 = 3.268
Are you sure it's just for the first innings or for the match, it says First Test, most runs.

I've put an actual bet on so I'll find out.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are you sure it's just for the first innings or for the match, it says First Test, most runs.

I've put an actual bet on so I'll find out.
oh yeh didn't even realise that, yeh would be the test match total.
Seems a bit wierd as I've really only bet on 1st innings for those sort of things with real money, happy enough to go with match on this occasiona anyway.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Seems a bit wierd as I've really only bet on 1st innings for those sort of things with real money, happy enough to go with match on this occasiona anyway.
Yeah same, it usually is for just the first innings, a much fairer way.

I just asked originally because I thought you may have found a section just for first innings betting, cause generally I would prefer to do that.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
That depends where you live, I prefer using decimals but I'm pretty sure in America and UK they use fractions.
Nerp. In America the odds are expressed as the amount of money you need to bet to win $100. That's called American odds. A standard line bet for example is 105, because you need to bet $105 to win $100. The extra $5 is the bookie's 'juice'.

And Nufan, feel free to bet domestically, just remember that the only place you can really do it is through me. :p

Uppercut

Uppercut one question..

Just say I go on to the site and put money on Kallis to be leading run scorer and he's at $8 at the moment and than tomorrow someone else decides to take up the offer and he's at $7.

How is this going to work, honesty system in place?
It's a difficult one to control, but the odds won't often swing wildly for no reason. I'd be surprised if bet365 take such an amount of money on Kallis to top score that the odds get slashed even from 8 to 7, and such an occurance would be rare enough that cheating would barely be worth anyone's while. Bets are frozen during hours of play too, and also after the toss on opening mornings. So if anyone manages to get a margin it will take enough effort to be a bit pathetic.

Uppercut

Woodster

Simon- $100 on SA to have a higher opening partnership at 2.00; $50 Double on Hayden to outscore Ponting (first innings) and Smith to outscore Kallis (first innings) @ 3.27; $50 on SA and Australia to draw @ 3.75

Flem274*

NUFAN $60 dollars on Ponting to outscore Smith in the match @ 1.72

Samuel Vimes

G.I. Joe

Athlai

morgieb

Silentstriker

99*- $10 on Australia to win the toss @ 1.90; $50 on Smith to outscore Ponting in the first test @2.00; $40 on Morkel to be SA's leading wicket taker for the series @ 3.75.

Somerset

Voltman

biased indian

Precambrian

HeathDavisSpeed

zinzan12

Steulen

Goughy - $50 on Oz to beat SA @ 2.00

Jungle Jumbo

GeraintIsMyHero

I may as well get this thing started now since i think i originally misinterpreted the game's start time.

First test betting-
Australia- 2.00
South Africa- 3.25
Draw-3.75

Pitch info from Cricket365

Tough one. The draw odds are tempting given the relative strengths of the two batting lineups to their bowling, but if they can't get a result here they've got no chance at Melbourne or Sydney. South Africa have been slow starters frequently of late during tours, and Australia completely the opposite, so I'm going to tip Australia at evens. Stuart Clark's a big loss, but it's not often you get them at that kind of price.

Series betting-
Australia- 1.80
South Africa- 3.50
Draw- 4.33

There's been a bit more money going on South Africa here, having been slashed from 4.0 to 3.5 (3/1, 5/2) in the past few weeks. For me there's not much value here, but if i was pushed i'd take the draw.

Last edited:

Simon

by bets for high bats are actually for match totals, not first innings as we have discovered.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Simon, I was just curious about it being just for first innings or for total match runs so I spoke to the live chat section on the site and they have confirmed that it is just for the first innings. Had me confused as I know normally it is just first innings, but the way it was written sounded like it were for the match.

From the official rules it states:
All Matches
Batsman matches
Note that in test and county championship matches only the first innings counts. Both players must reach the crease for bets to stand. In the event of a tie bets void.

This page could come in handy later.

http://http://help.bet365.com/home/mainpage.asp?popmembers=5100&sctid=1

Simon

Hey Simon, I was just curious about it being just for first innings or for total match runs so I spoke to the live chat section on the site and they have confirmed that it is just for the first innings. Had me confused as I know normally it is just first innings, but the way it was written sounded like it were for the match.

From the official rules it states:
All Matches
Batsman matches
Note that in test and county championship matches only the first innings counts. Both players must reach the crease for bets to stand. In the event of a tie bets void.

This page could come in handy later.

http://http://help.bet365.com/home/mainpage.asp?popmembers=5100&sctid=1
Ok awesome, thought it would be odd that it would be match total, reckon it should be more clearly marked in the betting options.

Precambrian

Banned
50$ for Series Drawn.

50$ on Smith outscoring Ponting.

Please modify the above to "betspeak" as I;ve little idea of all these terminologies and stuff.

biased indian

International Coach
$70 on Australia winning first test @ 2.00

$60 on SA winning first test @ 3.25

$50 on India to win the test series @ 1.05

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Can I do a $50 bet on South Africa to win the first test at $3.25 multi-ing into West Indies to win the second test at $3.25? ie. $50 to return $528?

Otherwise, I'll just have $50 on each of those bets separately.

Last edited: