• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing more than what Symonds got.

Symonds is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better player than Yuvi atm

Good on him, he probably saved his test career but the guy didnt show anything more than what we already knew - immensely talented but a mental midget with technical flaws

Precambrian

Banned
To a degree but good players dont continually get away with ridiculous get out shots as Yuvi did today

On another day Flintoff would've had a bag of wickets

On a brighter note, Krezja is better than both the English spinners by a street

C'mon mate, it is easy.

Precambrian

Banned
Symonds is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better player than Yuvi atm

Good on him, he probably saved his test career but the guy didnt show anything more than what we already knew - immensely talented but a mental midget with technical flaws
He might be. But what Symonds did in Sydney test of 2008, is comparable to what Yuvi did today.

social

Why is the Indian victory dark? It is pretty bright from a cricketing perspective that a team chased down 387. Some good cricket seen in the game.
Was speaking more from an Australian perspective

Eng played well for 4 days and were largely average today

India probably won no more than 3 sessions in the test but performed when it counted

I'd say the poms would be thinking that was a game they should've won quite easily but a couple of guys really let them down

Precambrian

Banned
Was speaking more from an Australian perspective

Eng played well for 4 days and were largely average today

India probably won no more than 3 sessions in the test but performed when it counted

I'd say the poms would be thinking that was a game they should've won quite easily but a couple of guys really let them down
8-)

Mate. India was in control of this test match since lunch yesterday. That makes it 5 sessions in a row, and in the subcontinet, those are the most crucial sessions.

Can understand your feelings after being smacked in the face by the Indian performance. However better to accept that rather than didlydallying around.

Woodster

International Captain
8-)

Mate. India was in control of this test match since lunch yesterday.
Not sure you could say India were in control. Yes they restricted Engl;and in the afternoon session, and England failed to impose themselves on India by showing a lack of intent, however, England were probably still the side in control having built up a substantial lead. The final session was certainly India's although England will still have felt they had control of the game.

social

8-)

Mate. India was in control of this test match since lunch yesterday. That makes it 5 sessions in a row, and in the subcontinet, those are the most crucial sessions.

Can understand your feelings after being smacked in the face by the Indian performance. However better to accept that rather than didlydallying around.
India were stuffed when Eng declared

They were still long shots over night and if Yuvi had succeeded in giving his wicket away, we may not even be having this discussion

And btw, I'm AUSTRALIAN so any time Eng loses is a good day

Precambrian

Banned
Not sure you could say India were in control. Yes they restricted Engl;and in the afternoon session, and England failed to impose themselves on India by showing a lack of intent, however, England were probably still the side in control having built up a substantial lead. The final session was certainly India's although England will still have felt they had control of the game.
Yep, Control is not the right choice. But India have comfortably "won" all sessions since lunch yesterday.

Precambrian

Banned
India were stuffed when Eng declared

They were still long shots over night and if Yuvi had succeeded in giving his wicket away, we may not even be having this discussion

And btw, I'm AUSTRALIAN so any time Eng loses is a good day
No, I've seen your anti-India bias, and it is not a surprise you never lose an opportunity to have a go at the team, esp when you make inane statements like Dhoni is a glorified tailender, Sehwag a flat track bully etc.

India were not in control of the match upto yesterday lunch, and were possibly staring at the possibility of defeat, but came back superbly post lunch, when they snared the last 5 wickets of England for about 50 runs, which put off plans of Pietersen to give India an unwinnable target and induced confidence in the Indian lineup. From there on, it was India all the way, and never once looked not winning this match.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF, 3 of them were lucky timing - he happened to be standing-in in a match that India won.

This was the first time he's actually been captain and captained to victory, as it were. Nonetheless, to have your first match as captain as one like this is not bad, at all.
Interesting. I didn't think Dhoni did anything to contribute to victory regarding his captaincy in this match (crucial first innings contribution with the bat though). On the other hand, his captaincy was inspired in the two tests he captained against Australia. Telling Mishra to bowl the googly to Clarke from round the stumps in the final over of day two in Delhi is the most obvious example, but his captaincy in that series was just generally top-drawer.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I do agree India weren't in "control" of the match except in the last session today..but on the bright side it shows how even when we are not upto our usual standards,we can comfortably make it across good teams like England. Its a sign of how much progress we have made,imo.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do agree India weren't in "control" of the match except in the last session today..but on the bright side it shows how even when we are not upto our usual standards,we can comfortably make it across good teams like England. Its a sign of how much progress we have made,imo.
Comfortable? My avatar wasn't feeling too comfortable tttt :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Comfortable? My avatar wasn't feeling too comfortable tttt :ph34r:
We'll bounce back in the second. I can't have that fat **** in my avatar, just can't, would rather get ran over by a forklift truck (unless it was driven by him, THAT would be worse)