• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Gutted that Tendulkar didnt get MoM. Sehwag gave India the momentum, however the pitch was easier and he was facing fast bowlers with new ball which made it all easier to score runs. Tendulkar grinded it out when it was most difficult.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd like to say I'm surprised by England bowling poorly, but I'm not unfortunately. Flintoff is class, but despite some saying Anderson has improved, I honestly don't think he's up to it when things get tough - like a 10 kph slower version of Lee in India.

Panesar surprises and disappoints me. As I said earlier, I haven't seen much of him in the past 12 months,but it sounds like he's gone no where after looking promising a couple of years back. Swann's a novice but it sounds like he's done OK. And of course, it's Harmison, away from home. What more need be said?
With Harmison it's absolutely nothing to do with being away from home and simply that he isn't that good. MSP, well, as I said early in his career, anyone who expected him to get much better was going to be disappointed. He was just an unusually developed 24-year-old. There was always precious little he had remaining to do and those who overestimated his potential are now paying the price.

As for Anderson, I don't think this demonstrates anything we don't know either - the ball didn't swing or seam, and he offered nothing. Don't think it's anything to do with not being up to it when things get tough or anything.

masterblaster

International Captain
To watch this match was freaking unreal!

This is one of the best moments as an Indian supporter I have witnessed and how fitting that Mumbai's favourite son scores a winning run, makes a cenutry and shuts up the critics who said that he can't win games for India.

So pumped up right now. Really does bring a tear to your eye.

Precambrian

Banned
What a start for Dhoni the captain. There were many who were shouting at the top of their hoarse voices that Dhoni shouldnt be anywhere near the test team. 4/4 against the top teams in the world (Aus, SA, Eng).

masterblaster

International Captain
As for Yuvraj, this is the best I've seen him bat ever. Forget his ODI innings and his T20 innins, this is the making of the man. The class and composure he showed today has been very pleasing to watch as an Indian supporter. He deserves this moment.

Woodster

International Captain
Amazing Test match, amazing final day, and am happy that Tests like this should catapult this form of the game back into the spotlight and the headlines. Test cricket needed a match like this to confirm why this is clearly the most superior form of cricket.

Mightily disappointed England could not defend 387 and surely no-one would have begrudged them the victory having played much the better cricket for at least the first 3 and a half days. However, we stumbled across a genius called Tendulkar, who was allowed to build on the excellent platform set by Sehwag. Yuvraj deserves much credit also for his role, despite being under a fair amount of pressure in his second knock.

As for England's bowlers, I don't think you can be too over-critical, and there are obvious positives to take from this Test. Panesar was a disappointment though, while Swann offered hope for the next Test (presuming he is selected) with a few decent spells on debut. Flintoff predictably gave his all, and Anderson showed, at least in the first innings, that he can still be a handful despite there being no swing around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What a start for Dhoni the captain. There were many who were shouting at the top of their hoarse voices that Dhoni shouldnt be anywhere near the test team. 4/4 against the top teams in the world (Aus, SA, Eng).
TBF, 3 of them were lucky timing - he happened to be standing-in in a match that India won.

This was the first time he's actually been captain and captained to victory, as it were. Nonetheless, to have your first match as captain as one like this is not bad, at all.