• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Actually I wonder if Quiney is playing cause Siddle got a call up for Australia?

Regarding Marsh - I don't think opening his best position, but he's more of an opener than the other big 3 Voges, North and Pomersbach who all demand a spot in the 6.
Probably thought that the spinner was superfluous on a pitch that hasn't seen sunlight for the past 72 hours. Been raining three days straight pretty much down here. Use White for the spin if required.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Marsh will stay opening unless he has a nightmare run, because he's obviously been earmarked by Australian selectors as an opening option.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Problem for WA is that their isn't a great deal of top order batting options it seems. Is Droppa and Heal injuried or dropped btw. Harsh on Droppa and about time for Heal.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Heal hasn't played FC for ages, so you're high on speed. But I think Drops was just that.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vics in a bit of trouble losing early wickets. QLD not doing too bad after being sent in on the back of Kruger who is firing again on 41.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Problem for WA is that their isn't a great deal of top order batting options it seems.
From what I've seen of Bandy, he's just as likely to score runs opening as he is at 7, if not more. I'm not convinced that he's a First Class standard batsman but if it's not like he's out of position.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, top umpiring there for Cooper's dismissal. Umpire has said not out and then straight away put his finger up.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
285 not bad, we stuttered a bit from the 30-40 over mark and probably could have made 300.
Tremendous total on a slow pitch in my opinion. It'd be a hell of a chase if NSW got up, although it'd only take Warner to make it three in a row for the game to be theirs, and I have a personal stake in him not doing that. So go SA. Ugh, feel so dirty.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, that was a ****house effort from NSW last night.

In fact, "effort" is too strong a word.

Dire.

Best thing about it was early finish so they showed a replay of the match in Adelaide where Marsh took 26 off Lance Cairns' last over in an ODI in 1980-81. Love those old games. One the other night between Aus-England 1982-83 was a cracker - I remembered watching the replay that I was there that night. Mates and I running around the back of the Bradman Stand. Met Alan McGilvray that night, had a good chat with him in the back of the ABC commentary box. He and a few others gave us autographs. None of the Nine arseholes would though. Benaud knocked us back for an autograph, thought my grandfather was going to KO him - gave him one of the best sprays ever.

Last edited: