• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This isn't a bad one either:
I honestly reckon if India were to win, it'd need Yuvraj to be walking to the crease with victory already close to assured.

Gambhir and Dravid will surely have to put-on another 50-60 minimum tomorrow, then if Gambhir\Dravid\Tendulkar\Laxman can add another 100-120 for the next couple of wickets, they're firmly in the driving-seat, and if they can add another 150 for that couple, of course, it's virtually game in the bag.

However Yuvraj plays, I can't see him contributing greatly to a victory. Which, of course, probably means he'll walk in at 170 for 4 and play a dazzling 140* to lead India to a 2-wicket victory.

R_D

International Debutant
:laugh: Awesome :D
Perfect end to the match. :)

I didnt' think they'd do it.... even with 100 runs... was thinking only 1 wicket away from a loss here :p

irfan

State Captain
Sachin. Absolute legend and bonafide matchwinner

Wow. Chased down 387! Monumental effort. Pretty sure no one of the Indians here gave us much of a chance at the start. Kudos to Sehwag for the massive launchpad

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ordinarily I would be embarrassed by this - but if you're going to lose a match like that, Tendulkar is the man you want to lose it to. Can't believe some idiots still doubt him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pretty sure no one of the Indians here gave us much of a chance at the start.
No-one with any sense would've done. This sort of thing is that much sweeter (if you're on the enjoyment end) because it's completely impossible to predict. You just can't expect this sort of run-chase, it hardly ever happens.

krkode

State Captain
Yeah, Richard's right. You guys need to stop blasting the people who expressed some doubt early on. It was completely 100% justifiable to think 387 was a bit too much to chase. Nothing in the statistics could predict what happened today. It's just an utterly improbable event and chances are we may never see another like it while Tendulkar still plays. Enjoy it for what it is and let's move on. :)

biased indian

International Coach
You could make a fair case and certainly if he gets it I'd not moan too much (and I'm sure Strauss wouldn't either) but I'd still pick Strauss myself.
if i was to choose one man personally it will be sehwag....because for me he gave the confidence for the guys

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So awesome, words can't describe how good this feels.

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So chuffed Sachin could do it, couldn't have been scripted better

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
No-one with any sense would've done. This sort of thing is that much sweeter (if you're on the enjoyment end) because it's completely impossible to predict. You just can't expect this sort of run-chase, it hardly ever happens.
tbf quite a few of us took a clear-headed look at the likely standard of the bowling, the quality of the batting, and the way the pitch failed to deteriorate during Day 4 and predicted exactly this. It wasn't completely out of the blue, even if others felt otherwise.

Craig

World Traveller
Ordinarily I would be embarrassed by this - but if you're going to lose a match like that, Tendulkar is the man you want to lose it to. Can't believe some idiots still doubt him.
I think it is innings like that, you just doff your hat and say "well played". Aginst the vast majority of teams England would have won, and it took a genius to do so. Memo for Sachin: please don't retire.

Precambrian

Banned
Well played England, but India just had Tendulkar. Thanks to Kevin & Co. for coming back and showing that test cricket is what matters most. And thanks to the superb crowd of Chennai, who showed test cricket is alive and kicking in the subcontinent.

As to these two! :thumbsup: :thumbup1: :wine: :clapping: :kicking: :band: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For the sake of our English compadres, even I will delay saying anything until tomorrow.

Nah.

WD India and to Tendulkar as well. Disappointing to see Yuvraj perform, but one can't have everything go one's way.

I'd like to say I'm surprised by England bowling poorly, but I'm not unfortunately. Flintoff is class, but despite some saying Anderson has improved, I honestly don't think he's up to it when things get tough - like a 10 kph slower version of Lee in India.

Panesar surprises and disappoints me. As I said earlier, I haven't seen much of him in the past 12 months,but it sounds like he's gone no where after looking promising a couple of years back. Swann's a novice but it sounds like he's done OK. And of course, it's Harmison, away from home. What more need be said?