• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

pasag

RTDAS
The pitch has played absolutely nothing like it was looking like playing on the second day. There's plenty of posts commenting that it was likely to fall to pieces, and it just hasn't.

Anyway, I trust we've had several of the usual
England :laugh:
posts today. For once, fully worth it.

Nonetheless, I'll say what I said yesterday on several occasions: it's no real disgrace to lose this game from that position. If someone chases down the best part of 400, you shake their hand and say well played. You can say the field-placing was poor, well, no, I'd say the bowling was poor.

This is the sort of innings Tendulkar has dreamt about playing all his career, incidentally, of course, but Strauss should still get MOTM.
It's not really funny though, this is a great batting side and the fact they chased down shouldn't be that embarresing to England (though I didn't watch it so it could have been). The laughing is usually as a result of England's finely tuned collapses from positions of strength (see first innings).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The pitch has played absolutely nothing like it was looking like playing on the second day. There's plenty of posts commenting that it was likely to fall to pieces, and it just hasn't.

Anyway, I trust we've had several of the usual
England :laugh:
posts today. For once, fully worth it.

Nonetheless, I'll say what I said yesterday on several occasions: it's no real disgrace to lose this game from that position. If someone chases down the best part of 400, you shake their hand and say well played. You can say the field-placing was poor, well, no, I'd say the bowling was poor.

This is the sort of innings Tendulkar has dreamt about playing all his career, incidentally, of course, but Strauss should still get MOTM.
People said during the last Chennai test that wait until South Africa bat second dig and see how difficult it would be to bat but they came out and it was a walk in the park. This wicket isn’t as flat but there is no bounce for the spinner and the turn is so slow that it’s rendered useless. **** display from Monty though, he should **** off.

irfan

State Captain
Hope all those 'Tendulkar can't play matchwinning knocks' knobheads are watching this...

Tendulkar's been brilliant in this innings

Precambrian

Banned
I have always backed him as a test player. People have doubted his credentials with SJS making absurd statements like he has no defensive shot. Yuvraj has always had the makings of a very good test player where I am concerned.
He is best when he does not pseudo defend. Play the ball on merit and that's exactly what he did today. Mentoring by Tendulkar helped.

As to Tendulkar. GOD, PERIOD!

krkode

State Captain
All hail Tendulkar is all there is to it. Still, as awesome as he was, I must say Sehwag's blitzkrieg innings yesterday really set the tempo for the chase today and made it that much more easier.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hope all those 'Tendulkar can't play matchwinning knocks' knobheads are watching this...
Ind33d. As I say, this is the sort of innings that throughout his career pretty well everyone with any sense has known Tendulkar could play, but has taken until he's 35 years old to actually happen.

Precambrian

Banned
People said during the last Chennai test that wait until South Africa bat second dig and see how difficult it would be to bat but they came out and it was a walk in the park. This wicket isn’t as flat but there is no bounce for the spinner and the turn is so slow that it’s rendered useless. **** display from Monty though, he should **** off.
Meh, Bhajji would have made a mincemeat of an opposition on this surface on the 5th day. It's just that Indians have been superb and English spinners have been not good enough.

Precambrian

Banned
Ind33d. As I say, this is the sort of innings that throughout his career pretty well everyone with any sense has known Tendulkar could play, but has taken until he's 35 years old to actually happen.
No, he has played matchwinning innings in that test of 1998 vs Aus.