• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Panesar has been club-quality. No way he should be bowling four balls every over on a 5th day pitch with lots of bounce and turn.
Good. Hope they keep him for the Ashes then.

I thought he'd go well this tour tbh, though I haven't seenmuch of him the past year. SOunds like he's plateaued or even gone backwards.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh:

Great call from Goughy a few pages back.
The pitch has played absolutely nothing like it was looking like playing on the second day. There's plenty of posts commenting that it was likely to fall to pieces, and it just hasn't.

Anyway, I trust we've had several of the usual
England :laugh:
posts today. For once, fully worth it.

Nonetheless, I'll say what I said yesterday on several occasions: it's no real disgrace to lose this game from that position. If someone chases down the best part of 400, you shake their hand and say well played. You can say the field-placing was poor, well, no, I'd say the bowling was poor.

This is the sort of innings Tendulkar has dreamt about playing all his career, incidentally, of course, but Strauss should still get MOTM.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, Swann's been OK - and should've just had Yuvraj there BTLOT. Presuming we only want one spinner at Mohali, he should be the one IMO, without question.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Can't believe Yuvraj is still playing though.
I have always backed him as a test player. People have doubted his credentials with SJS making absurd statements like he has no defensive shot. Yuvraj has always had the makings of a very good test player where I am concerned.