• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know a lot of spinners have struggled to come to grips with India initially, but this is Panesar's second tour and he's looked nothing short of terrible. He hasn't tried to out-think or work over any of the batsmen at all, he's bowled with no flight variation and he's bowled about as accurately as I could have managed for the most part.

It's been mentioned a couple of times but I'm really surprised to see so little discussion about it given, firstly, how unpopular Panesar actually seems to be on this forum and secondly, how much of a pasting Harris got when he did exactly the same thing last season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know a lot of spinners have struggled to come to grips with India initially, but this is Panesar's second tour and he's looked nothing short of terrible. He hasn't tried to out-think or work over any of the batsmen at all, he's bowled with no flight variation and he's bowled about as accurately as I could have managed for the most part.

It's been mentioned a couple of times but I'm really surprised to see so little discussion about it given, firstly, how unpopular Panesar actually seems to be on this forum and secondly, how much of a pasting Harris got when he did exactly the same thing last season.
Couple that with him failing to come to the party in a match that seemed tailor-made for him, and I think he needs to be dropped.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I think it's the fact that we're used to it and we don't expect anything better.

Evermind

International Debutant

Giles, then Panesar, now Swann...not one of them is a world-class spinner. Panesar was hailed as the second coming, and now everyone's in love with Swann. It's one thing to surprise batsmen on your debut - it's a whole different matter when your bowling's analysed to death and the batsman can pick your ball before it's bowled.

Zinzan

Presumably India have the full 40 overs available to them as cricinfo suggests. England must be well behind the overrate.

Zinzan

Anyone still giving England a chance should get their wallets out.

Sky sports current odds are;

India (1.11) England (9) Draw (29)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Giles, then Panesar, now Swann...not one of them is a world-class spinner. Panesar was hailed as the second coming, and now everyone's in love with Swann. It's one thing to surprise batsmen on your debut - it's a whole different matter when your bowling's analysed to death and the batsman can pick your ball before it's bowled.
Which is bad news when you haven't produced a world class spinner in over 40 years.