• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

biased indian

International Coach
I'm not convinced that was quite as brilliantly bowled as Shiva suggests, but bugger me we needed that.
i have checked score out twice today and India have lost a wicket both the times :(

so taking break from this will only check the score now 1 hour into post lunch session

if are to win think these 2 need to have a 100 run partnership now !!!!!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricinfo weirdness;

Laxman faces his first ball;

43.6 Anderson to Laxman, no run, back of a length outside off stump and played to point

Then afterwards;

'VVS Laxman walks out'

Where's the going?!

pskov

International 12th Man
I do think he bowled it out there deliberately, but I agree that it wasn't the most awesome piece of bowling you'll ever see take a wicket.
Yeah, to me it seemed like after Gambhir wafted at one out there earlier in the over Anderson thought well I'll give him another one there and see what happens.

And just as I'm typing, Bumble said exactly that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bet365 still has India as favorites quite considerably. :wacko:

Need 200 runs with 7 wickets in hand on a 5th day pitch.

With only 1 batsman in currently and a Yuvraj who can't buy a run to come.

R_D

International Debutant
100 runs partnership between Sachin and Laxman would be handy right now :)
Looks like Gambhir thought he was playing an one-day match..... thats seem to be his favourite shot is ODI's. Forgot there's usually fielders in that area in test matches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A quality spinner does not bowl this many four balls in the fourth innings, especially on a pitch like this.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
A quality spinner also has variations in flight and pace. Just another of the several reasons why Panesar is not a quality spinner.
Yeah if Vettori and MSP combined they'd be one helluva bowler though the overall losses in fielding and batting would be far too great to have this costly procedure done.

biased indian

International Coach
Not bad but would have been happy with one less wicket down

a similar session after lunch with one wicket is the order of the day ...think wont be bad idea for dhoni to come ahead of yuvi