• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think this rule explains what Samuel Vimes mentioned earlier in the topic:

So it appears that if day two was completely abandonned, because the match had already started it would count as a day, but if day one was abandonned, the match would turn into a four day game with a follow-on mark of 150.

Confusing but I think thats the reasoning behind the follow-on mark remaining at 200.
Ah, i see. so that means without Follow on, its more likely to be a draw

First Batmen Challenge is taking ages

99*

International Debutant
So, what was he given out for to start with?

And might this cause umpires to give more out then before?

And Phil Gould would have gone out on the field and punched someone if this was league.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Get rid of this third umpire crap:@

How slow are they going to make the game??????
Note that I posted as soon as Ramdin was dismissed at 3.24pm, its now 3.29pm and Ramdin's only now leaving the field. Given out in the end, controversial or what?!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, and they still get it wrong after all that. Surely there was enough doubt the ball was hitting. Ridiculous tbh.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
That was strange. Ramdin given out the second time but it didnt seem like it was going on to hit the stumps. Strange that 2 umpires with all that technology couldnt get that right.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, i see. so that means without Follow on, its more likely to be a draw

First Batmen Challenge is taking ages
Yeh I was taking the same view as you for the first three days of the match that the Windies' needed to score 216 rather than 166 to avoid the follow-on. Would be nice if the "expert" commentators could inform the viewers and make situations like this clear. ;)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeh I was taking the same view as you for the first three days of the match that the Windies' needed to score 216 rather than 166 to avoid the follow-on. Would be nice if the "expert" commentators could inform the viewers and make situations like this clear. ;)
Seems silly that it has to be the first day.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
No Hawkeye?
They use hawkeye but only up until the point of contact, i.e. when the ball hit Ramdin's pad. The issue is that the third umpire does not have hawkeye technology for the ball projection if the ball had not hit the pad and gone on to hit or miss the stumps. Why you'd use hawkeye for some estimates (hitting in line for instance) but not for others (hitting the stumps) is a huge error, along with the lack of hot spot, for the third umpire.

Three fours for Chanderpaul too just now - Franklin taking some punishment.

archie mac

International Coach
No Hawkeye or Hotspot.
They use hawkeye but only up until the point of contact, i.e. when the ball hit Ramdin's pad. The issue is that the third umpire does not have hawkeye technology for the ball projection if the ball had not hit the pad and gone on to hit or miss the stumps. Why you'd use hawkeye for some estimates (hitting in line for instance) but not for others (hitting the stumps) is a huge error, along with the lack of hot spot, for the third umpire.

Three fours for Chanderpaul too just now - Franklin taking some punishment.
A joke, if you are going to use the tech. then you must have the best and latest, surley8-)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm right that it was 166 then? That's what the commies have said.
Thats what they've said, but every second person on this forum has pointed out that an entire day has been lost, so I was just a bit surprised Sky didn't mention and highlight the law that I quoted on the previous page.

14 from the Vettori over - who says the WI tail can't bat! :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Thats what they've said, but every second person on this forum has pointed out that an entire day has been lost, so I was just a bit surprised Sky didn't mention and highlight the law that I quoted on the previous page.

14 from the Vettori over - who says the WI tail can't bat! :laugh:
I do. Taylor and Edwards can slog a few though.